Rumored Ngannou vs Lewis pushed back to SEP

I think this fight is 50/50. Ngannou usually wins by blitzing. If he does it's 50/50 who gets knocked out.

Really? What HW fight had a bigger delta between expectations and results?

I could probably name 10 worse fights at heavyweight but I’m sure you’ll just disagree with each one so we can just skip the back and forth and agree to disagree

Nonsense opinion.

Their biggest events have historically been in July. Saturday night summertime parties and bars = huge viewership potentials.

<{danawhoah}>

True enough, there has been some big events in those months.
Only going by what was said a few years back at a post fight conference.

What? July is one of the marquee months. Its why the UFC host international fight week in july.

Just going by some dated remarks at a post fight presser, clearly they do whatever they want.

<{danawhoah}>

True enough, there has been some big events in those months.
Only going by what was said a few years back at a post fight conference.
Sorry I came hard at you instead of just offering up some metrics. My apologies!

UFC trying to setup up a Jan vs Francis superfight

ngannou just won the belt not even 3 months ago funny how they so in hurry to get him fight when they made him wait years before lollllll fuck ufc stipe would fight once every 2 years
Nope. Stipe fought about every six months as a champion before the pandemic and about every four months before getting his first title shot. You are just having a hard time accepting that Ngannou is going to be like the past champions. He led the campaign of Stipe 'holding up the division' even after he just fought DC for the trilogy. Ngannou deserves to be criticized for the hypocrisy.

Last edited:

That would mean UFC 266 would have title defenses from Ngannou, Jan, AND Volkanovski.

265 has Nunes vs Pena (LOL).

Didn't Ngannou just say about a week ago that he's still looking to fight Jon next. Talk about holding up the division. All Stipe ever did was beg for a rematch against DC.

Understandable but lame at the same time. I wanted to see that fight sooner.

Nope. Stipe fought about every six months as a champion before the pandemic and about every four months before getting his first title shot. You are just having a hard time accepting that Ngannou is going to be like the past champions. He led the campaign of Stipe 'holding up the division' even after he just fought DC for the trilogy. Ngannou deserves to be criticized for the hypocrisy.

How is Ngannou holding up division when he just got title not even 3 months ago lollllll he’s been requesting the goat mma fighter he just beat goat hw with ease not his fault ufc sucks and underpays there fighter

How is Ngannou holding up division when he just got title not even 3 months ago lollllll he’s been requesting the goat mma fighter not his fault ufc sucks and underpays there fighter
When a champion is demanding to fight an opponent who made it clear he won't be fighting for another year, while the organization already has an opponent ready for him, that's called holding up the division because it is indefinite.

Ngannou made media appearances before and after Stipe's third fight against DC to say Stipe is holding up the division. He was saying this even when he knew he would be the one to fight Stipe next. I personally think he did this as a tactic to get Stipe to fight as early as possible but whatever the intent was, he led that campaign and he deserves to be criticized for not living up to the standard he put Stipe on.

Also, Stipe defended his title four months after he won it the first time.

Last edited:
Why should the champion get hometown advantage? If anything they should be fighting somewhere neutral like Vegas. It’s fairly obvious though why they want Beast to main event a show in his hometown, because it will sell.

yes it all politic too because Texas open they trying to think business wise instead what make sense for the fighters they trying to rush it cause COVID restrictions and yes maybe cause beast town too

Jon Jone just hired serious manager he mean business this mega fight will happen and Jone will get knocked out brutally Jone knows since he can’t cycle he wants that one big last payday he knows he will get KTFO bad listen drugs cost lot of money ok we all know Jones cocaine problem not joke that stuff expensive

Francis got the belt he call the shots OK Derrick and him will fight but it will be under the CHAMP term he deserve this Lewis is a pawn and Francis the king in HW division right now he will get rid of Lewis spectaculary

Last edited:
Texas is Black Beast territory. I suppose Ngannou doesn't want his first HW title defense to be on enemy soil. If scheduling conflicts is really the case here and not the pay, which Frank has been vocal about.
I honestly think everywhere in America is Black Beast territory.

When a champion is demanding to fight an opponent who made it clear he won't be fighting for another year, while the organization already has an opponent ready for him, that's called holding up the division because it is indefinite.

Ngannou made media appearances before and after Stipe's third fight against DC to say Stipe is holding up the division. He was saying this even when he knew he would be the one to fight Stipe next. I personally think he did this as a tactic to get Stipe to fight as early as possible but whatever the intent was, he led that campaign and he deserves to be criticized for not living up to the standard he put Stipe on.

Also, Stipe defended his title four months after he won it the first time.

jones just got that new manager like a week ago and him and Dana still in negotiations beast v Ngannou is a gigantic fight but Jones v Ngannou is the fight of titans and u KNOW damn well if Jones fights Francis he will be juiced to fucking gills have u seen his new nutritionist? LolllllI don’t think he would even mind if he popped later he scared of Francis he was juicing against lhw he will go on the horse meat x10 to try to beat Francis Ngannou

Crazy how many people think Francis is easily going to beat Lewis. In case you forgot, Lewis is pretty good at Knocking people the fuck out also. I see this fight 50/50.
People are factoring in the context of the first fight, Ngannou was still psychologically shook from the Stipe beating. The loss to Lewis had more to do with that than with anything Lewis did. With Ngannou’s confidence sky high as the champ now, I don’t see Lewis surviving.

Back