Ngannou v Lesnar

Two ways this ends:
Option 1: looks like hunt vs brock
Option 2: looks like either vs Reem

As a long time fighter and combat sports instructor, I can tell you that around 90% of the general population doesn't have the mentality to deal with getting punched in the face. It's the natural reaction of most to turtle, turn their back and walk away from strikes. And it is very difficult to change.

The 10% who can deal with getting punched make up >90% of the professional fighters.
I spent a ton of time in boxing gyms when younger and played other contact sports all my life.

My experience differs greatly from yours.

It was only a small percent of the guys (maybe less than 1%) who reacted badly to getting punched in the face in a way it kicked in the 'FLIGHT' instead of "fight' response.

No one likes pain, but most do not react different to the pain of a punch in the face versus equal pain to other parts of the body. Brock himself can take enormous pain and pain is a big part of pro wrestling but it is the unique REACTION to being punched in the face that doomed him.

Whenever a guy came into the gym like that the rumours would swirl 'dude can't handle getting hit in the face' as everyone knew it was doom to have that type of phobia. And that is exactly what I think it is, a phobia, that you react so differently to that pain then any other.

Even the non pro's and bum boxers usually handle getting punched in the face fine. Ya they get knocked out but they don't panic.

Francis would clobber Lesnar.

No heavyweight had the size and explosive speed of lesnar and he also had really cardio for guy carrying around that size. Would be a very easy win for lesnar as there is no chance Ngannou stops brock taking him down and going donkey kong on he's head.

source.gif

No heavyweight had the size and explosive speed of lesnar and he also had really cardio for guy carrying around that size. Would be a very easy win for lesnar as there is no chance Ngannou stops brock taking him down and going donkey kong on he's head.

source.gif

Lol the first time Lesnar faced someone his own size he got ragdolled

6uuHDNu.jpg

Lol the first time Lesnar faced someone his own size he got ragdolled

6uuHDNu.jpg

He got kicked hard right where he just had half he's stomach removed and the fight was over. Saying he got rag dolled is just BS.

He got kicked hard right where he just had half he's stomach removed and the fight was over. Saying he got rag dolled is just BS.

He got steam rolled. It was just a massive mismatch. That bullshit colon excuse had nothing to do with it. Lesnars "illness" was probably staged

Are we talking about:

Full Bork
The one who fought full foot cream

Brake dance Bork
The one dwindling under tests

No intestines Bork
The one Ubereem touched

or
Bork 2.0
The one searching the bottom of it?

Cain, Ubereem and Carwin never fought healthy Lesnar. its a well known fact.

So... Lesnar is sick all the time? That's your excuse? :rolleyes:

rewatch the fight bro.

I did, many times. It was a very fun fight indeed. <Moves>

dude sold wolftickets … Lesnar didnt commit to a single takedown.

Another GREAT excuse! War Lesnar! :D

Brock haters are pathetic.
Brock Lesnar is the HW version of Khabib.

Meh.

Brock trained 2-3 weeks for the Hunt fight and he already showed better footwork and striking Defence than Blaydes right now … let that sink in LOL

<Lmaoo>
Brock never did much on his feet, bro.

Think modern Ngannou defends the takedown knowing it's Brock's only chance and turtles Lesnar within a round... be a fun fight though while it lasted

Yeap, he ate a few good shots from Carwin, went down and Carwin couldn't finish him. Lesnar ended that round by getting back to his feet and I believe getting a take down of his own. Pretty good if you ask me, Shane might not be Fransis, but at the time they fought Shane was the most feared striker in the UFC. And Lesnar asked for that fight. If you can take shots from Carwin and end the round with a smile on your face. I'd say you react to getting hit at least pretty okay.

And I'd suspect a man who doesn't react well to getting hit wouldn't sign a contract to fight Shane Fucking Carwin in the 1st place.
Sort of true, Leaner actually had an iron chin but poor striking composure (aka "didn't react well to getting hit") but he also had enough heart to hang in there and try to recover.

In reality the Carwin fight ( was just as proven a power puncher as Francis is) should have been stopped but Brock surviving and coming back is a testament to his toughness. Brock also signed to fight the king of the walk off KO Mark Hunt.

Cain caught him in the temple which caused an involuntary loss of equilibrium, as it does to any human, leaving him defenceless and Reem (one of the most accomplished strikers in MMA history) hit him with a kick to the Liver which causes an involuntary shut down of the central nervous system in any human so these two losses aren't really substantial proof he can't take a punch where as weathering the Carwin storm is pretty solid proof he actually can, as was how he handled the few big shots hunt hit him with.

With that said Brock is really given less credit than he deserves as a fighter and Francis has about 5 seconds and 1 chance to pray he lands a perfect punch before he's bull rushed and destroyed against prime Brock imo.

Depends. Is it diverticustomach Lesnar, or exemption Lesnar?

Stipe was able to take down Francis at will.

Sure, Stipe mixes up his boxing better to set up the takedowns but if Stipe can land that many takedowns on Ngannou, you know Brock would too. Brock can finish fights on the ground too.

Brock is a whole different level of wrestling, explosive power, top control and brutal GNP. We are talking about an NCAA National Champion here.

Stipe also eats bombs without curling up or break dancing

Francis demolishes any version of Brock and I'm surprised anyone's saying otherwise.
Not overly surprising really since Francis has proven to be defenceless on the ground against a wrestler who took him down at will while having no where near as explosive takedowns as Brock did.

What's more surprising is people confusing getting kicked in the Liver and clipped in the temple (both of which cause the same involuntary reaction in any human being) with having a glass jaw despite having beaten 2 proven knockout artists who both hit him with solid shots.

It's far more likely the pre devastating and potentially deadly disease Brock gets Francis to the ground with his explosive bullrush takedown and renders him defenceless than it is Francis catches him with a perfect shot coming in in the 2 second window he would have to do so 9 out of 10 times.

Francis is not Uberreem with incredible strength and takedown defence to go along with his elite multi faceted striking arsenal.

Stipe also eats bombs without curling up or break dancing
You're right, he just goes directly to sleep unlike Brock who ate bombs to the chin without ever being KOed but reacted the same way every human being in the world does to getting punched in the temple and kicked in the liver since these are involuntary reactions to the equilibrium and central nervous system.

Back