Media Ngannou training with psuedo intellectual martial artist MJW

Or anyone with actual sparring footage

It would be fine if he just claimed that he trains seriously and enjoys being around actual fighters but the asshole actually implied that he had the upperhand over Jon Jones in sparring, didn't he?

how delusional you have to be to even say something like that?

Very high chance he's a fraud and an egomaniac just like Seagal

It would be fine if he just claimed that he trains seriously and enjoys being around actual fighters but the asshole actually implied that he had the upperhand over Jon Jones in sparring, didn't he?

how delusional you have to be to even say something like that?

Very high chance he's a fraud and an egomaniac just like Seagal
He also tried to educate kimbo on striking and telegraphing

I lost respect of Michael Jai White after he called Van Damn an actor and not a real fighter meanwhile he is the one who never fought professionally and is the actor while Van Damn has an actual Kickboxing record.

MJW is your typical delusional egotistic old school martial artist.

images

Bisping sparred with him and was impressed. The count isn’t in the business of giving out compliments easily .

MJW is a legit martial artist.... A lot of credible sources have said that. I'm not saying at his age he could just walk into the UFC and compete. But there's nothing unrealistic about the idea of a life long martial artist and celebrity using it to his advantage and training with MMA fighters just for his own benefit and knowledge of a sport he obviously loves.

These are all valid points imo.

I don't think he'd get that much praise if he didn't have decent skills, but it is also kinda strange that there's no sparring footage, should we believe D1-wrestlär.

Bispoing is a movie whore. He would say anything nice about anyone that he thought could get him in more movies
Gotta say, I was surprised that someone who seems to have the ego Bisping has played a character who got taken out like he did in the Cinemax series Warrior. He doesn't take himself too seriously, I guess.

Seeing how the UFC pays and looks after the fighters, I can't fault any MMA guy who has scored movie roles for doing so. Making as much cash as a fight, without having to take a beating or put oneself through training hell seems kind of, well, smart.

I trained in one of the very few martial arts that trademarked their martial art.

This means, (A) not any schmoe can declare themselves to be a 30th dan black belt in their version of the art pretend to teach that art, and it also meant that (B) no one was allowed to video tape ANYTHING from any class, testing, or competition, unless it was by the school/art/organization, themselves for promotional or educational use as they saw fit.

They had their own trademarked techniques and sequences, and didn't want anyone to be able to steal it and then claim to know and teach it from watching video.

That martial art was a lot more legit than a lot of the McBelt factories out there. So I obviously don't put as much stock in there being sparring footage, or not, as you do.

Damn... they banned MasculineDreams? He was the only MJW nuthugger on this site.

Nothing has been lost tho.

Reactions: Kb7
Back