Ngannou said he was nothing special for where he comes from. What if that's true?

Don't forget the beast

Large
Funny thing is ive met him before, he used to play for AFC Wimbledon and its like 20 mins away from me

Sounds borderline human trafficking here TS.
Offered an escape from poverty to the best country in the world & given a free education & chance to play a game for millions? I’m sure Lebron James would call that some slave master human trafficking, but that’s a war room discussion

He's capping. Sure you'll get talented people. A rich athletic talent pool. But even by cameroonian standards and all those west african stereotypes people like going by, ngannou is an absolute unit. Just wish he had a wrestling background. This guy would've been champ by now.

Average human height by country

Average male height

CameroonUrban 170.6 cm (5 ft 7 in)

Baka_dancers_June_2006.jpg

a4e719027c98b009e8f624e5ade15ad3.jpeg
No shit, that's because they're starving. What about in pockets of Africa where they're not starving though?

In developed countries, height is distributed on a bell curve. In developing countries, height actually gets fatter on the tails in a non-normally distributed way because that's where the mean would be if they weren't starving. In most places with normal genetics, that fattening is the mean: it happens around 5'9 and skinny fat. What if in these places it happens around 6'4" jacked and explosive? That happened in the Netherlands, and now they're on average of 6'1". There are possibly villages in Africa who aren't starving where every guy is like Ngannou.

In Japan, non-starving people are 5'7 and skinny fat. In America, they're 5'9 and fat. In the Netherlands, they're 6'1" and clumsy and slow. What if in Africa, where non-starvation doesn't generally exist, they're 6'4" and like Ngannou. And what if there are pockets of Africa full of people who aren't starving.

To us, he's basically like a physical god. But he said that where he comes from in Africa, every guy is built like him. That he's just an average guy. What if he wasn't lying.

What if where he comes from, there really are thousands or millions of guys built like him with the same speed, strength, and explosiveness. But they're just languishing away in the middle of nowhere in extreme poverty and no one's ever heard of them.

What could they potentially bring to the world of sports? Why hasn't a college football scout or an NFL scout gone out there, gone to a construction site, found a dozen Ngannou's, brought them over on a college scholarship, trained them for 4 years, and won championships?

You're asking ridiculously stupid questions just because you wanted to believe his silly nonsense. Ofc he is not even close to an average person physically in his country, how can you be that naive..

To us, he's basically like a physical god. But he said that where he comes from in Africa, every guy is built like him. That he's just an average guy. What if he wasn't lying.

What if where he comes from, there really are thousands or millions of guys built like him with the same speed, strength, and explosiveness. But they're just languishing away in the middle of nowhere in extreme poverty and no one's ever heard of them.

What could they potentially bring to the world of sports? Why hasn't a college football scout or an NFL scout gone out there, gone to a construction site, found a dozen Ngannou's, brought them over on a college scholarship, trained them for 4 years, and won championships?

I seen guys that make him look normal, i seen them south sudan, i seen them in kenya and tanzanya, i seen them in south somalia, i seen them in nigeria, i seen in Egypt.
South Africans are weak though

Anomaly though. Everybody talks about how jacked he is, because there's no one like him in football

Goretzka's pretty hench, most of that Bayern team have got jacked in the last year in fairness.

EDIT. If only I'd read 2 messages above.

Offered an escape from poverty to the best country in the world & given a free education & chance to play a game for millions? I’m sure Lebron James would call that some slave master human trafficking, but that’s a war room discussion

If Lebron James has upset you, please DM him directly. I was just making jokes.

He is not lying. It is 100% true.

Look at most major sports look at the massive presence black athletes have in them. Now think of the BILLIONS of Africans who don’t have the opportunity to even play a sport let alone go pro.

There is absolutely no question that there are hundreds of not thousands of potential super athletes on the continent of Africa. Sadly most don’t have the infrastructure around to allow them to be shine
I think black people in former slave countries have more athletic genetics than native Africans though. Not sure if it's because of access to better nutrition or because they are descended from slaves but that's how it looks to me. I mean you dont even see africans dominating sprinting which requires very little resources. East africans can dominate marathon running so I see no reason why other africans cant dominate sprinting in the same way if they were capable of doing so

Back