Ngannou or Gane would be better champs than Stipe

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
By better champ i mean revitalizing the HW division, put the HW division on the map

Stipe fight very rarely the past few months/years, i think his era is behind him, he did wonderful fights/performances, he is in the HW goat debate no problem with that, but it's time for something new

Ngannou KTFO people to Mars less than one minute and Gane display a full set of skills during 15/25 minutes, they are almost the opposite stylistically but with both of them you have the full package for the top of the HW division

One is a mere savage and the other one is technical as hell

Ngannou unlike stipe can fight every week he finish his fights fast with no damage (for now) and even when he get a lesson/beating (by stipe) he look like fresh after the fight

Gane catchphrase is "anyone anywhere" he also take no damage because he dominate his opponents in a safe way and he is very good defensively

They are exciting fighters and they can fights very often

So i hope for a new king soon (even if i love Stipe)

Last edited:
I agree with both points - that Stipe is a great (if underrated) champion, and that it would be fun to have someone else at the top, for fresh match-ups.

Yes but what about Yom Aspinall ? I can see him giving hard troubles to Gane with his hand speed and submit Ngannou.

Yes but what about Yom Aspinall ? I can see him giving hard troubles to Gane with his hand speed and submit Ngannou.
He is welcome too at the top of the division if he continue to win

Im talking about ngannou or gane because they are the ones actually, but promising HW can emerge and take the spot

I just think Stipe era was enough

Stipe was above average in title fight defenses per year (1.80) until the DC trilogy started. He waited for a rematch, and then he was out 6 months for retinal surgery between II and III.

Now he'll fight in March, 7.5 months after his last fight, which is again above average (average across UFC is 1.67 defenses / year).

Just thought you might find these facts interesting, TS.

Yeah, but they're not. So there's that. Stipe > Bums.

By better champ i mean revitalizing the HW division, put the HW division on the map

Stipe fight very rarely the past few months/years, i think his era is behind him, he did wonderful fights/performances, he is in the HW goat debate no problem with that, but it's time for something new

Ngannou KTFO people to Mars less than one minute and Gane display a full set of skills during 15/25 minutes, they are almost the opposite stylistically but with both of them you have the full package for the top of the HW division

One is a mere savage and the other one is technical as hell

Ngannou unlike stipe can fight every week he finish his fights fast with no damage (for now) and even when he get a lesson/beating (by stipe) he look like fresh after the fight

Gane catchphrase is "anyone anywhere" he also take no damage because he dominate his opponents in a safe way and he is very good defensively

They are exciting fighters and they can fights very often

So i hope for a new king soon (even if i love Stipe)

Last 4 fights:

November 2018 - 45 second KO of Blaydes
February 2019 - 26 second KO of Cain
June 29th 2019 - 1:11 KO of JDS
May 2020 - 20 second KO of Rozen

So is that really true though? It's been over 2 years and 2 months since the first fight on this list. He's fought 4 times. I realize, "I guess" he's been sitting out for a title shot and waiting, which inflates the time. But even with these zero damage KOs, it's not like he's fighting that much. Other than the Blaydes to Cain turn around of 2 months, he really isn't.

He would be exciting as fuck though. But I think it's disrespectful to Stipe to say he hasn't been. The Reem fight to the DC trilogy have all been awesome fights. There's definitely something about a back and forth swing like Reem-Stipe that's better than seeing someone just die in 20 seconds like Tyson against a bum or Ngannou against an old geriatric washed HW.

As far as activity goes yeah for sure. Someone have to beat him though. Until then it is what it is

For the UFC Ngannouis who would be best as champ and Gane would be a nightmare. He has hype but to the average fan he's boring as fuck. Think machida, he had that unbeatable aura but he was also viewed as boring as hell.

Stipe was above average in title fight defenses per year (1.80) until the DC trilogy started. He waited for a rematch, and then he was out 6 months for retinal surgery between II and III.

Now he'll fight in March, 7.5 months after his last fight, which is again above average (average across UFC is 1.67 defenses / year).

Just thought you might find these facts interesting, TS.

Dopes like TS don't care. They're sheep. They don't care about facts, they just heard from others that Stipe is very inactive so it's fact to them.

he just needs another foil and storyline to go with it. might be a better and more exciting bet to go with JJ

Ngannou would run through contenders until he got enough notoriety in the wider world to make the jump to boxing, which is his true passion. So he probably wouldn't stick around as champ long. If you're lucky you might get what, 2 more minutes cumulative total of fighting? But if he had to stick around is when you'd be UNlucky, because how long would it take until he ran through legit challengers and HW title shots became merely a Bum of the Month club?

If Gane was champ, he'd have even more reason, indeed the best reason in the world, for fighting super conservative and risk-adverse. Look forward to more 5-round easy yet boring decisions...

You guys would be gargling Stipe's nuts if he didn't sound like he had a mouth full of food when he spoke and he talked a bunch of hyperbolic bullshit. That guy's resume is fucking nuts. Being a good dude gets you nowhere, lol.

Last 4 fights:

November 2018 - 45 second KO of Blaydes
February 2019 - 26 second KO of Cain
June 29th 2019 - 1:11 KO of JDS
May 2020 - 20 second KO of Rozen

So is that really true though? It's been over 2 years and 2 months since the first fight on this list. He's fought 4 times. I realize, "I guess" he's been sitting out for a title shot and waiting, which inflates the time. But even with these zero damage KOs, it's not like he's fighting that much. Other than the Blaydes to Cain turn around of 2 months, he really isn't.

He would be exciting as fuck though. But I think it's disrespectful to Stipe to say he hasn't been. The Reem fight to the DC trilogy have all been awesome fights. There's definitely something about a back and forth swing like Reem-Stipe that's better than seeing someone just die in 20 seconds like Tyson against a bum or Ngannou against an old geriatric washed HW.

Ngannou has been publicly complaining about the UFC's inability to give him fights, he wants to be more active.

Francis would generate more viewers but Gane would probably get less ppvs than Mighty Mouse, who for the majority of his career was free.

I don't know.. Stipe comes to fight always though.

The only knock on Stipe is that he doesn't run his mouth to generate more PPVs... but he comes to fight and that's what I watch MMA for...

I want the guy who can keep winning to be Champion....

I know its a crazy idea ...right?

Back