Ngannou is really taking Stipe lightly

Man...I can see this fight going either way really. I think the X factor will be how good is Ngannou chin? How good is he into the deep rounds? Can he stop a D 1 takedown? If hes taken down and held there, how good is his guard or ability to get up from under a beast like Stipe? Lot of x factors in this fight. Looking forward to it.

Ngannou's rise to the top reminds me of when Jon Jones was coming up through the ranks.

Everyone was supposed to be better than Jones. Better striking, more experience, better wrestling. All excuses, all wasted breath.

except Jon Jones was doing insane shit that nobody had seen in the octagon before. double overhook suplexes, spinning elbows, sidekicks to the legs, flying knees etc.,

we've seen big guys who punch hard as fuck before, the HW division is full of them.

Nagannou's wrestling is going to be exposed sooner or later. He can't wrestle and I highly doubt his wrestling is getting much improvement working in france.

If I was stipes coach I would be pressuring him to take a offensive wrestling approach to this fight, but everyone wants to just stand and bang these days so im expecting Nagannou to knock stipe down.

If Stipe comes in and wrestlefucks Francis for the win while doing some real damage then Stipe proves that he has high fight IQ and is on the way to becoming a GOAT UFC HW.

the dude moved to live in the ufc headquarters, ngannou is taking this seriously

I remember a while back when Ariel asked Ngannou about Stipe on MMA Hour and Ngannou said he has seen all of his fights and hasn't missed any, even Stipe's debut.

So that tells me Ngannou has been watching very carefully and he knows what he is up against. I think he is been preparing for this for a lot longer than we think.

If you were forged in the sand mines of Cameroon youd take mere mortals lightly too.

I've definitely noticed he has a strut in his step like he might be letting it all go to his head.

If he thinks it isn't a real possibility that Stipe smothers and grinds on him until he cant take anymore then he's delusional.

Ngannou via felony class assault.

I'm leaning on Ngannou to win. Stipe is good but his striking defense is not the best. He won't have a very long career unless he does something about that. You can only take shots for so long before your chin goes and then the losses will pile up. Both guys are not all that technical but Stipe is more well rounded

If he trains very hard and remains disciplined, Stipe is easy meat for him. If he takes Stipe lightly, he gets whooped. It's that easy.

Nagannou's wrestling is going to be exposed sooner or later. He can't wrestle and I highly doubt his wrestling is getting much improvement working in france.

If I was stipes coach I would be pressuring him to take a offensive wrestling approach to this fight, but everyone wants to just stand and bang these days so im expecting Nagannou to knock stipe down.
His wrestling hasn't let him down yet.

Please Stipe send this guy with his stupid haircuts and attitude back to africa were he belongs.
Not among respectful martial artists.
Fuck Nu nu ga nu
iu

I don't know. Neither is that great imo. Stipe is overrated.

Hello,

I was told by Joe Rogan that Overeem was arguably the greatest striker of all time, but was still knocked stiff by pure African blood. Is Joe correct?

Agreed, its gone to his head, Stipe isn't going to leave his chin on a plate like Overeem did. I think I'm going to bet on Stipe for this one, odds already @ +166 might wait to see if it gets even longer.
True on the Overeem fight. Overeem fought with absolutely awful standup tactics considering who he was fighting. Ngannou's best KO punch, which has shown to be more devastating than any other punch he throws, is his uppercut. What does AO do? Repeatedly duck his head low while throwing inaccurate overhands. When you duck your head and look at the ground you leave yourself in perfect position to be hit by an uppercut and you also lose sight of what your opponent is doing. He most likely would have got caught eventually but he just basically handed Ngannou that KO if he wanted it. You need to approach Ngannou's power by circling and picking your spots. Not squaring up and trading bombs. Certainly not lowering your head while in the pocket.

Years of horse meat makes you confident.

Back