Media Ngannou has been training with Teddy Atlas

That's cool and Francis may improve his technique by doing so but ultimately his nuclear striking power is still gonna be his biggest asset I don't see him becoming a technical striker anytime soon. He's just gonna continue to rip people heads off left and right with bombs
having proper technique means you deliver MORE power with less energy use, faster speed, and greater balance allowing more follow up shots easier. if ngganou is able to seriously develop his technique under atlas, hes going to be the closest thing to mike tyson in mma.

Holy shit, this is a serious step up from when he was training with Vincenzo Carta Stradale.

This all day. As soon as he gets in there he'll forget and the Ngannou we all know and love will be back out winging bombs.
the point of these exercises is to reprogram your "winging bombs" to be efficient heat seeking missiles like tyson. if ngganou spends enough time with him, he will change, he very well may be just as aggressive, but it will be much cleaner and more effective. what some ppl are perhaps not acknowledging is that with proper form you punch HARDER. Hes going to end up hitting significantly harder if he puts the time in which is just stupid.

tenor.gif

the point of these exercises is to reprogram your "winging bombs" to be efficient heat seeking missiles like tyson. if ngganou spends enough time with him, he will change, he very well may be just as aggressive, but it will be much cleaner and more effective. what some ppl are perhaps not acknowledging is that with proper form you punch HARDER. Hes going to end up hitting significantly harder if he puts the time in which is just stupid.

Sure, dawg. I understand the mechanics of punching. I don't think you're considering that changing how you fight when the adrenaline is up is not easy. Once instinct starts to take over he's going to do what feels natural.

Unless he's jumping in a hyperbolic time chamber I think we'll still be seeing the bomb winging Ngannou for a while yet. Teddy is good but he isn't that good.

Francis was way too tentative in that fight because he respected Black Beast power too much. I firmly believe that BB would get Rozenstruked in a rematch. Francis learned from this and would just blitz the fuck out of BB early and likely land one of those bombs for the KO/TKO.

That's a dangerous game to play with Lewis. Getting in a wild brawl with a fellow power puncher is like flipping a coin. That's how you end up with Leben beating Wanderlei Silva.

That's a dangerous game to play with Lewis. Getting in a wild brawl with a fellow power puncher is like flipping a coin. That's how you end up with Leben beating Wanderlei Silva.

I don't disagree it can certainly be dangerous but it worked against Big Boi so. When he's fresh Francis is extremely dangerous and faster than almost all HW. I'd give him the advantage in a wild brawl power punches fest against pretty anyone in the division. The guy has flaws as seen in the Miocic fight but trading with him early in a fight is a terrible decision and a death sentence. He'll come out on top 9/10 times thanks to his crazy power and relatively good speed (for his size) imho

Francis needs to get a good kickboxing coach. He has very powerful kicks, he could easily become a destroyer of calves. Relying only in the hands is silly.
Kicking probably gasses the shit out of him.

having proper technique means you deliver MORE power with less energy use, faster speed, and greater balance allowing more follow up shots easier. if ngganou is able to seriously develop his technique under atlas, hes going to be the closest thing to mike tyson in mma.
Just a little taller and a bit more French speaking.

"thpinal"

And? He’ll literally start windmilling like he always does the second he’s next in a fight.

Just what the doctor ordered yeh, more boxing training when the giant can't wrestle or BJJ for shite for fks sake Ngannou go to another gym or something and work your TDD and TD offense for fks sake

Sure its a scary thought, the man already hits like a fkng beast...let's hone in on his best skill some more.. Christ almighty, Stipe dumps this man on his head again and again imo

Sure, dawg. I understand the mechanics of punching. I don't think you're considering that changing how you fight when the adrenaline is up is not easy. Once instinct starts to take over he's going to do what feels natural.

Unless he's jumping in a hyperbolic time chamber I think we'll still be seeing the bomb winging Ngannou for a while yet. Teddy is good but he isn't that good.
<4>

Oh, there you are.

Ancient Chinese Secret: The entire point of any and all training is to reprogram your natural instincts with more effective ones.

Can't believe all of you miss the point.

Ngannou made it clear that his real dream was to become a boxer, not a MMA Fighter.
He chose MMA because of money ,guy was homeless in Paris, at this time he was training boxing with Carlos Takham (Top 15 HW).
He made a podcast with Mike Tyson, Ngannou is going to boxing. I believe he will fight for the belt, defend it couple of times and then retire from MMA and d only boxing.

If this mofo can work few years with Atlas or Tyson, he will startch a lot of journbeyman and earn good money in boxing

This means nothing, you need a guy like Teddy full time for months to see real changes

Ngannou needs to bless the HW division.

We need him KO'ing fools as a champ

I hope Teddy concentrated on Francis biggest weakness imo, his balance.
But judging how he tells him not to stand up they are working on it.
If he learns to throw compact with his power and improve his balance he might be able to develop some TDD even. (I might be dreaming with the last one.)

Back