Media Ngannou didn't realize the fight was over when Stipe got KO'd “I didn’t feel like i hurt him"

Francis "why are you falling" Ngannou.

Dude is laying fools out cold by half assed punches and is later baffled they fell. Savage power. Dude is a beast.

Not even surprised. During their first fight Ngaanou was throwing the laziest punches I've ever seen because he was so exhausted and Stipe would still get stumbled by them. I couldn't believe it.

"I watched this fight and I saw Herb Dean’s action and I think he should get the performance of the night,”

I didn’t feel like I hurt Stipe. I was like ‘Why are you falling?’ Ngannou said. I threw the punch just to counter and he went down and I’m like ‘Okay, what? I don’t know what happened but I have to follow to secure the win’”

GrippingCheeryAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/4/...stipe-miocic-referee-herb-dean-fight-stoppage

When you see how Stipe landed, it saved his head from bouncing hard off the ring and some of his brain cells.

But Stipe has done that multiple times and got away with it. He wasn't going hood mode, that's just how he fights. When he has you hurt he attacks with no regard for counters. Francis made him pay because he wasn't hurt or rocked like Stipe thought he was.

Perhaps...he seems pretty measured when he stopped cormier...

I believe he was rocked just like ngannou but chose to attack poorly and payed for it...i dont think he was thinking all that clear ...

Ngannou left hook was almost just kinda thrown out there out of instinct ..no real intention on it but given stipe darting in and compromised already it was enough to put him out...moving into a shot is always the worst

Perhaps...he seems pretty measured when he stopped cormier...

I believe he was rocked just like ngannou but chose to attack poorly and payed for it...i dont think he was thinking all that clear ...

Ngannou left hook was almost just kinda thrown out there out of instinct ..no real intention on it but given stipe darting in and compromised already it was enough to put him out...moving into a shot is always the worst
Pretty accurate assessment. It looked like he really thought he had Francis hurt. The shot he hit him with was almost identical to the one he knocked out Werdum with. Francis has a serious chin because that punch would have slept most fighters. That left hook that Francis hit him with was so quick that he never saw it coming and that's probably why it was so effective.

When you see how Stipe landed, it saved his head from bouncing hard off the ring and some of his brain cells.
What I noticed most is how Herb made a point to slide around Stipe's head unlike big John. He slid directly over and into Aldo's face. Props to Herb for having the awareness to miss the head.

DrDyHI2.gif

listen to the podcast, they were talking about arlovski fight and then shaub mentioned herb and francis said : what ? like he didnt know why the fuck shaub mentions herb.
It doesnt matter but if would actualy listened to the podcast you would have known.

At the time I made this post, I couldn't listen to the podcast...

But now that I have, you're indeed right.
The "why are you falling?" part was about Arlovski, not Stipe <mma4>

Mike Tyson said the same thing. Sometimes when he punches, he dont feel the power but his opponent goes down.
Now imagine if both Ngannou n Mike really really tried? They could potentially create a black hole on some dude's face

I think he tried vs Overeem and we saw the results. But yes, it does seem that the calm, precision shots often land cleanest and when the opponent isn’t ready, and often are the ones the put the lights out. McGregor-Aldo for example.

I think he tried vs Overeem and we saw the results. But yes, it does seem that the calm, precision shots often land cleanest and when the opponent isn’t ready, and often are the ones the put the lights out. McGregor-Aldo for example.
José ran straight into a big counter, so I don't know if it qualifies (and he didn't get KO'd clean IIRC?)

My favorite super clean barely touching phantom punch in the UFC is still, to stay on topic since N'Gannou was speaking about him and not Miocic @miska1 is spittin str8 FAX, Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski vs Paul "Fear the Consequences" Buentello
tumblr_msk7i4YY8t1sfcp8po1_250.gif

Travis Lutter vs Marvin Eastman at UFC 50 was also neat
tumblr_n5sfge0fKq1sdqajoo2_400.gif

Poor Marvin "Beastman" Eastman, he only sporadically got into the UFC to get brutally finished each time
(except the Terry Martin fight, which I have completely forgot about; I should rewatch it, Martin had some pretty good boxing skills IIRC, his fight against Chael Sonnen was interesting)

(Vitor Belfort and the "goat vagina" commentary was nasty, and so was bringing him in just so Rampage could avenge one of his losses; that was the official beginning of the "Rampage whoop ass tour" in which he called out everyone who had ever beat him; and yes that included Daijiro "The Japanese Tank "Matsui, or as Quinton would always call him, "old ass Sakuraba's do-boy")

Oh well, N'Gannou is obviously a monster, I don't know what it will take to have Jon Jones fight him but damn, Dana better not fuck up this one up too.
I need to watch this fight <HisEye>

It's a real shame Francis and Shane Carwin weren't in exactly the same era, because that would have been a hell of a fight, too.

The only man would could compare their power is JDS, but that would be an awkward question for such a legend.
JDS vs Carwin, now that a hell of a title eliminator.
Cain was going to have his hands full no matter what...

Mike Tyson said the same thing. Sometimes when he punches, he dont feel the power but his opponent goes down.
Now imagine if both Ngannou n Mike really really tried? They could potentially create a black hole on some dude's face

KO's are more about accuracy, timing, torque and leverage. The perfect shots rarely get felt.

It's like hitting a baseball- when you time the ball and get under it perfectly you barely feel a thing.

José ran straight into a big counter, so I don't know if it qualifies (and he didn't get KO'd clean IIRC?)

My favorite super clean barely touching phantom punch in the UFC is still, to stay on topic since N'Gannou was speaking about him and not Miocic @miska1 is spittin str8 FAX, Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski vs Paul "Fear the Consequences" Buentello
tumblr_msk7i4YY8t1sfcp8po1_250.gif

Travis Lutter vs Marvin Eastman at UFC 50 was also neat
tumblr_n5sfge0fKq1sdqajoo2_400.gif

Poor Marvin "Beastman" Eastman, he only sporadically got into the UFC to get brutally finished each time
(except the Terry Martin fight, which I have completely forgot about; I should rewatch it, Martin had some pretty good boxing skills IIRC, his fight against Chael Sonnen was interesting)

(Vitor Belfort and the "goat vagina" commentary was nasty, and so was bringing him in just so Rampage could avenge one of his losses; that was the official beginning of the "Rampage whoop ass tour" in which he called out everyone who had ever beat him; and yes that included Daijiro "The Japanese Tank "Matsui, or as Quinton would always call him, "old ass Sakuraba's do-boy")

Oh well, N'Gannou is obviously a monster, I don't know what it will take to have Jon Jones fight him but damn, Dana better not fuck up this one up too.
I need to watch this fight <HisEye>

It's a real shame Francis and Shane Carwin weren't in exactly the same era, because that would have been a hell of a fight, too.

The only man would could compare their power is JDS, but that would be an awkward question for such a legend.
JDS vs Carwin, now that a hell of a title eliminator.
Cain was going to have his hands full no matter what...

How is that boxing match with the guy with 1 arm taped up even sanctioned?.

It's not like it was the only punch that hit Stipe. He was near zombie mode at that point in the fight.

Forget "The Predator." From now on, Bruce Buffer should introduce him as Francis "Why Are You Falling?" Ngannou.

How is that boxing match with the guy with 1 arm taped up even sanctioned?.
Ha! That was an exhibition match against some pro-skater dude with a few MMA bouts (including one at a KOTC event), back in 2016; it was long after Carwin had retired, and the only reason it got sanctioned was probably because it wasn't a pro boxing bout.

Might as well use my google-fu... there's Carwin's opponent: https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jason-Ellis-59345
Ellis formerly trained in the Team Quest camp located in Murrieta, California under the direction of Dan Henderson, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, and Muhammed Lawal. He also trains with Justin Fortune at Fortune Boxing Gym in Hollywood California.

But his boxing career is where he really made a name for himself ^^
Boxing
After a three-year hiatus from MMA, Ellis returned to the sport on 14 July 2012 defeating UFC veteran Gabe Ruediger via KO in the second round in a celebrity non-professional boxing fight. Gabe Ruediger has since challenged Ellis to a re-match, citing that he did not take the first fight seriously. After being dropped by Ellis, Gabe lost their rematch to a decision.

On 15 October 2016, Ellis participated in a boxing exhibition match against former UFC champion Shane Carwin at EllisMania 13. Per the unique rules, Carwin had one of his arms duct-taped to his body to box Ellis. Ellis lost the bout via knockout in the second round.

yea it actually looks like he just threw the left to set up the right hand, but it flatlined stipe anyway - he was badly hurt already

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back