Media Ngannou didn't realize the fight was over when Stipe got KO'd “I didn’t feel like i hurt him"

I think it has to do with hitting right on the jaw's sweet spot. It's probably the softest area of the head so even if it's a flush hard connection it isn't felt as much by the puncher. It takes less power to get a KO when it's that accurate.

The punch that KO'd Stipe actually didn't look to be a super powerful shot. Just on button and Stipe moved into while not ready for it. Stipe has a very solid jaw but only when he is expecting the blow. This one was similar to the DC fight in that he got hit not too hard but right on the button and he never saw it coming.

Frank is just trying to sound naive here, but he’s a fucking savage in that octagon. Go watch him vs. jairzonho. If murgliotta wasn’t there he might kill him. He’s trying to get every shot in. No shame in it big Frank. You’re not the same in the octagon as you are out. Just admit to your savage ness.

Stypee miokick wuz doin wut he wuz posta do. Lettin da king take ova fo da cash cuzzn

cuz he caught em with a quick hook which stipe ran into.
he didnt feel like he put much into it

It was a semi hard jab that knocked out Stipe cold. The legend of Ngannou's power continues to grow.

Lol I wish Herb was a tad slower though so Ngannou could’ve got in a few more extra shots but I’m overall happy with the KO

Hey pussy you still there? @Final Say

<JonesLaugh>

Where is he? I haven't seen him once but sherdog is a big place

Stipe was already hurt badly by the previous punch, obviously it wasn't going to take much more to put him down.

It’s one of those strange things like you never hear the shells that kill you, or the shots you take that you can’t see coming. I’ve hit people and thought they should drop, and hit people I thought I barely hit drop. Sometimes the variables make things hard to gauge.

Well he hit Stipe with harder punches and a kick to the head during the fight and nothing happened.
Probably why he was surprised

Carwin has mentioned multiple times how he had no idea how hard he hit. He used to accidentally KO training partners because he just didn't know how much to restrain himself. Crazy

Francis "why are you falling" Ngannou.

Dude is laying fools out cold by half assed punches and is later baffled they fell. Savage power. Dude is a beast.

Poor stipe.

Well, Ngannou is learning you can hit guys with the right timing instead of a full force wild swinging to knock them out.

Frank's pretty slick. In a self-deprecating way he is able to convey that he has unfathomable quantities of knockout power, at the same time absolving himself of the follow up shot. And also credits Dean for basically saving Stipe's life.

there's nothing self-deprecating about what he said

That's a clean punch. Don't feel them, hits the right spot.

what ? Have you listened to that podcast ? He was talking about arlovski not stipe ....

Lmao this guy is so unintentionally hilarious
I think Francis is aware he's clever and funny as fuck. His personality is part of what got him to where he is.

Dude is humble but talks that shit in a fun non-disrespectful way.

Back