Media Ngannou claims Volkov turned down a fight with him, twice:

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...er-to-fight-exhausting-process-miocic-cormier

"They said I could wait to see what’s going on Nov. 9, to see maybe if (Alexander) Volkov beats ‘JDS.’ But the problem – first of all, that’s not a fight I’m looking for. And second of all, Volkov turned this fight down twice.

“Why do I have to expect somebody to win a fight or don’t get hurt to accept the fight? ‘I don’t know.’ That was their answer: to wait and see, either in November or in December, to see if Volkov wins or if Walt Harris wins. Then we will see if they want to fight me if they are not injured.”

I wouldnt blame anyone for turning down a fight with big frank

big frank shouldn't have shit the bed when to the title shot or the fight after vs Lewis.

Still leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth

This guy will be waiting for him if he wins tonight

ae71ad5c-9222-4bed-afda-85f8aeeacb12-USP_MMA__UFC_Fight_Night-Miami-_Hardy_vs_Smoliakov.JPG

DC is so entitled it’s insane. Guy cheats his way to victory in the first fight using eyepokes, Then gets knocked the fuck out, and Is now skipping the rightful contender in a rematch. Has no heavyweight credentials in ufc. Guy is 41 and not a draw. Hope he gets fucked up again

I honestly think volkov have a shot at beating ngannou. Not a good one but I think he's one of few heavyweight that could beat ngannou on the feet.

Volkov got sent back to soviet Russia by Black Beast, can't blame him if he doesn't wanna fight another explosive KO artist.

I honestly think volkov have a shot at beating ngannou. Not a good but I think he's one of few heavyweight that could beat ngannou on the feet.

If Volkov had big power maybe but Ngannou would just walk him down and sleep him.

Make sense. Francis would flatten him in round 1.

AOR. Another Overrated Russian.

This guy will be waiting for him if he wins tonight

ae71ad5c-9222-4bed-afda-85f8aeeacb12-USP_MMA__UFC_Fight_Night-Miami-_Hardy_vs_Smoliakov.JPG
He’s got to be 2 more wins from a fight with Francis. No offense to him, but he’s not beating and names. He needs to beat arlovski or skinny Russian guy to call out Francis, no?

More than anything in the world for christmas I want to see Big Frank KO Hardy into the living death.

You have to be incredibly confident in your boxing to accept a fight with Francis.

Hes a victim of his own success.
Top 10
Cormier- fighting Miocic
Blaydes - TKO × 2
JDS - TKO & fighting volkov
Derrick Lewis - fighting Ivanov
Overeem - TKO& fighting Harris
Volkov- fighting JDS
Blagoy Ivanov- fighting Lewis
Shamil Abdurakhimov - maybe???
Walt Harris - fighting Overeem

So he has one possibility in Shamil who just got TKO in Sept by Blaydes. Everyone else is booked or he already beat or both. Blaydes he beat twice.
If he waits which will put him over a year between bouts he has the Lewis rematch, Miocic, Cormier, Volkov and Ivanov. But he doesnt seem to want to wait.
I say feed Greg Hardy to him to keep him happy. Win win. Hardy wins his stock goes way up, Ngannou wins he can fight legit competition in march or there about.

Back