NFL suspends Tom Brady 4 games, fines Patriots $1M, strips team of '16 1st-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I smash all my phones once I get a new one. That's what everybody does.

Supporters seem to be grasping at straws to deny obvious facts. Also, who the fuck cares about Hillary Clinton? She's a can and everyone knows it.

Are you sure Brady said he 'smashed' it, or was that someone's editorial detail?

Lol at how long youve been lurking this thread trying to respond. Can.

Are you sure Brady said he 'smashed' it, or was that someone's editorial detail?

Brady smashed it all right, just not his phone:

images

No one mentioned ESPN. Im discussing what the judge just wrote. Try to keep up.

Pretty stupid, even for blind homers, to think that the judge wanted them to compromise on a settlement between themselves because he thought one party was totally innocent.

"An idiot and a fraud." Idiot is subjective to your opinion, but please inform me what qualifies me as a fraud.

The idea that the judge was pushing the NFL so hard because he thought Brady's case was weak was a ridiculous idea concocted by Munson, the alternate legal analyst from ESPN, but still influential because of the ESPN banner. Common sense dictated that Berman was pushing the NFL so hard because he knew the NFL had a weak case and was pressuring them to settle.

Your conclusion seemed to be one influenced by the Munson piece. I don't think it looks like Berman thought Brady was guilty of anything so much as Brady was in a difficult, tenuous situation because of the CBA. I do not believe Brady was involved in any conspiracy to deflate balls below the limit allowed and I do not believe there is any evidence of the contrary.

There were at least a few occasions where you made allegations which I pressed you to produce evidence to support, which you evaded. That is the basis for calling you a fraud.

Some of your "lol" and other canned responses in this thread and others are wasted space. The rest of the posts in this thread seemed more like wishful thinking than reasoned conclusions.

While there are probably still way too many of those kinds of posts in other threads for my taste, I have also seen some smart, insightful and interesting observations in other threads. That surprised me to be honest.

The idea that the judge was pushing the NFL so hard because he thought Brady's case was weak was a ridiculous idea concocted by Munson, the alternate legal analyst from ESPN, but still influential because of the ESPN banner. Common sense dictated that Berman was pushing the NFL so hard because he knew the NFL had a weak case and was pressuring them to settle.

Your conclusion seemed to be one influenced by the Munson piece. I don't think it looks like Berman thought Brady was guilty of anything so much as Brady was in a difficult, tenuous situation because of the CBA. I do not believe Brady was involved in any conspiracy to deflate balls below the limit allowed and I do not believe there is any evidence of the contrary.

There were at least a few occasions where you made allegations which I pressed you to produce evidence to support, which you evaded. That is the basis for calling you a fraud.

Some of your "lol" and other canned responses in this thread and others are wasted space. The rest of the posts in this thread seemed more like wishful thinking than reasoned conclusions.

While there are probably still way too many of those kinds of posts in other threads for my taste, I have also seen some smart, insightful and interesting observations in other threads. That surprised me to be honest.

This is about as long and boring as the 5th game of thrones book

"The deflator" being a fat joke is all you need to know about how full of shit Brady is.

Still, the judge made the right ruling.

Goodell needs to go.

I'm not digging up the texts again, but it was very clear given the communications between the two staffers that Brady EXPLICITLY instructed them to under-inflate-- there was no pussy footing around who was calling the orders on how the balls were inflated and who was bitching when they need to be let out.

Sadly, this cannot be corroborated by Brady's specific message, because, you know, people break their phones when they get new ones. But they only destroy particular ones, ones which were used during investigated time spans. It's weird that Brady does that to all of his phones, yet was able to submit into evidence two prior phones, used long after the scandal broke, but just happened to have destroyed the one just before those two....you know, the one which was used during the season.

If you don't think that, at the very least, Brady was extremely likely to have cheated, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even a Pats hater. I regularly praise Belichick for being the GOAT coach and Brady for being the GOAT playoff quarterback. But common sense is common sense.

Of course you are not producing the texts. They do not exist. Brady admitted that he liked balls inflated on the lower end of the allowable spectrum. Nobody is disputing that. However, at no point does he ever suggest, let alone explicitly state that he liked them below the allowable threshold or that anyone should deflate them below it.

There was a plethora of studies and scientists weighing in suggesting that the leagueś and Exponentś science was fundamentally flawed. Many of them sourced in this thread. The pressure loss, when considering the environmental factors fell within the parameters you would expect from the ideal gas law. The idea that balls were artificially deflated is at worst not proven and at best, extremely unlikely to possibly happen.

So here is the crux of the argument... Where is the beef? What evidence is there that Brady actually did anything to contribute to balls being deflated below the allowable level? That he cheated in any way?

This is about as long and boring as the 5th game of thrones book

"The deflator" being a fat joke is all you need to know about how full of shit Brady is.

Still, the judge made the right ruling.

Goodell needs to go.

The deflator comment was made in the beginning of May 2014. We know Brady liked his footballs on the lower end of the PSI spectrum, so it is likely that the equipment managers deflated balls sometimes or quite often.

The game in question was January 2015.

Connecting the dots between a text on May 2014 meant as a funny double meaning and conspiring to deflate footballs below the allowable limit eight months later is even a stretch for the most ardent conspiracy theorists.

Wait so ppl still think the NFL needed Brady's phone to see what/if he was texting McNally and Jastremski, when they already had both of their phones?

Edit:BTW the fact that Twitter fingers AKA Mort hasn't said a peep today is laugh out loud funny.

THE WITNESS: Well, if it — a new version may come out of a particular phone, if I break the phone, I’ve stepped on the screen a few times, it just fell out of my bag at my locker, I’m not seeing it, I stepped on it, I think three or four times, sometimes the touch panel breaks

Of course you are not producing the texts. They do not exist. Brady admitted that he liked balls inflated on the lower end of the allowable spectrum. Nobody is disputing that. However, at no point does he ever suggest, let alone explicitly state that he liked them below the allowable threshold or that anyone should deflate them below it.

There was a plethora of studies and scientists weighing in suggesting that the leagueś and Exponentś science was fundamentally flawed. Many of them sourced in this thread. The pressure loss, when considering the environmental factors fell within the parameters you would expect from the ideal gas law. The idea that balls were artificially deflated is at worst not proven and at best, extremely unlikely to possibly happen.

So here is the crux of the argument... Where is the beef? What evidence is there that Brady actually did anything to contribute to balls being deflated below the allowable level? That he cheated in any way?

Yeah, I'm not searching for the giant log between those two assistants just to show you that they very clearly allude to Brady's instruction to deflate balls, whether to an illegal extent or not. You can take that as a win for all I care.

Also, regarding your "it's scientifically proven" assertion (which I'm fairly sure has been debunked), it's my mistake for having forgotten that the Colts were traveling down to Miami for their offensive drives, whereas the Pats were staying put in Boston.

Ball1.png

myth3_discrepancy.PNG

Random reality shifts are crazy, huh.

He's clearly guilty of explicitly influencing equipment personnel to act in violation of the rules. The texts between the two employees prove that. It may have been proven beyond any doubt had he not destroyed the evidence. Legally, he didn't "do anything," but, in regard to his job, he undermined an investigation into workplace misconduct.

Brady should have been suspended. The ruling is an indictment of the NFL's shitty due process, not an indication of his innocence.

The texts that the NFL say don't exist, that there is no text of Brady saying it, explicitly prove it?

Yeah, I'm not searching for the giant log between those two assistants just to show you that they very clearly allude to Brady's instruction to deflate balls, whether to an illegal extent or not. You can take that as a win for all I care.

Also, regarding your "it's scientifically proven" assertion (which I'm fairly sure has been debunked), it's my mistake for having forgotten that the Colts were traveling down to Miami for their offensive drives, whereas the Pats were staying put in Boston.

Ball1.png

myth3_discrepancy.PNG

Random reality shifts are crazy, huh.

Exactly what I mean by 'People believe what they want to believe.' Or in this circumstance, 'People that hate Brady are gonna keep hatin Brady.'

I heard a few months ago this whole thing was about 1.5-2 psi in the footballs. I was amazed.... that's IT? The biggest scandal in professional sports of the last several years (including FIFA, remember that?) is over 2 PSI of air in some fucking footballs.

Fucking wow.

Take Brady out of the situation, and just think of that. Wow.

Exactly what I mean by 'People believe what they want to believe.' Or in this circumstance, 'People that hate Brady are gonna keep hatin Brady.'

I heard a few months ago this whole thing was about 1.5-2 psi in the footballs. I was amazed.... that's IT? The biggest scandal in professional sports of the last several years (including FIFA, remember that?) is over 2 PSI of air in some fucking footballs.

Fucking wow.

Take Brady out of the situation, and just think of that. Wow.

I don't care about Brady. I'm a Packers fan-- he's never crossed my team's path.

The fact that fanboys can't be objective about it is annoying. The ball is the centerpiece of the game: it's the only thing that survives time, ties the game to its history, and equalizes competition. To mess with the ball so that you're playing with a different one than your opponent is about as sacrilegious as any action in sports.

I don't care about Brady. I'm a Packers fan-- he's never crossed my team's path.

The fact that fanboys can't be objective about it is annoying. The ball is the centerpiece of the game: it's the only thing that survives time, ties the game to its history, and equalizes competition. To mess with the ball so that you're playing with a different one than your opponent is about as sacrilegious as any action in sports.

As a Packers fan what do you think of Rodgers overinflating the balls outside regulation rules?

I'd bring up the Aaron Rodgers quote but that's so trivial in this matter.

I think the footballs should be under lock and key. Only the NFL handles the football. Not any equipment people. Strictly NFL.

Hopefully in the future Brady can have his footballs prepared the way they were in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game, where the Pats outscored the Colts 28-0 and Brady was 12-14 for 131 yards and 2 TD's.

I'd bring up the Aaron Rodgers quote but that's so trivial in this matter.

I think the footballs should be under lock and key. Only the NFL handles the football. Not any equipment people. Strictly NFL.

Hypocrisy.

Him: "I don't care about Brady I am a Packers fan. The ball is just too integral to the sport to not have everyone on an even field"

Rodgers: I try to get an advantage by getting my balls overinflated.

Him: LALALALALALALA I can't hear you Rodgers.

I hate the pats but the the amount of butt hurt over psi in a football is fiucking hilarious

Some people actually still think OJ murdered two people even after found innocent for murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back