NFL suspends Tom Brady 4 games, fines Patriots $1M, strips team of '16 1st-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
The internet is on fire with all of this.

10629660_1188319007861713_32842362421874039_n.jpg

People are going to believe what they want to believe about Brady.

Or what's obvious.

This isn't a court of law and it need not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. If that standard were to be true, he'd be punished for blatantly destroying evidence anyways.

He's guilty and his reputation should be taken down another notch.

Or what's obvious.

This isn't a court of law and it need not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. If that standard were to be true, he'd be punished for blatantly destroying evidence anyways.

The phone things a red herring, the NFL only cared when they needed a headline, then manipulated the press into telling a half truth the public.

What is Brady guilty of here? Getting an iPhone? He's certainly not been accused of "doing" anything.

Goodell will not attend the season opener in NE. What a fucking pussy. His absence will tell you all you need to know about him. LOLs, this will be a fun one. That game is gonna be one wild party.

The phone things a red herring, the NFL only cared when they needed a headline, then manipulated the press into telling a half truth the public.

What is Brady guilty of here? Getting an iPhone? He's certainly not been accused of "doing" anything.

He's clearly guilty of explicitly influencing equipment personnel to act in violation of the rules. The texts between the two employees prove that. It may have been proven beyond any doubt had he not destroyed the evidence. Legally, he didn't "do anything," but, in regard to his job, he undermined an investigation into workplace misconduct.

Brady should have been suspended. The ruling is an indictment of the NFL's shitty due process, not an indication of his innocence.

No, it is not. Hence why every punishment varies.

Quit trying to sound smart it is not working.

Whats not? So because you dont understand how drug suspensions are handled by the NFL I am trying to sound smart?

Just go look it up you idiot.

Goodell will not attend the season opener in NE. What a fucking pussy. His absence will tell you all you need to know about him. LOLs, this will be a fun one. That game is gonna be one wild party.

Probably the smartest decision Goodell had made in a while.

I was considering buying a bunch of tickets a while back in case this happened, pissed I didn't though. Would have made bank, everyone is gonna want to be at that game.

Whats not? So because you dont understand how drug suspensions are handled by the NFL I am trying to sound smart?

Just go look it up you idiot.

They are fought and reduced nearly every time (barring repeat offenses)....... You dont think the union is going to use this precedent and example of procedural errors now to take other issues up? Lol.

Probably shouldnt toss the idiot card around.

He's clearly guilty of explicitly influencing equipment personnel to act in violation of the rules. The texts between the two employees prove that. It may have been proven beyond any doubt had he not destroyed the evidence. Legally, he didn't "do anything," but, in regard to his job, he undermined an investigation into workplace misconduct.

Brady should have been suspended. The ruling is an indictment of the NFL's shitty due process, not an indication of his innocence.

Hilarious.

How did he "explicitly" influence equipment personnel to act in violation of the rules? Do you even know what explicitly means? Which texts prove that?

When did Brady ever indicate that he liked the footballs deflated below the allowed limit?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...da3b02-3666-11e5-9d0f-7865a67390ee_story.html
Wells never asked for Tom Brady’s cellphone and didn’t require it. “Keep the phone,” Wells told Brady and his agent. He insisted his investigation was thorough without it. “I don’t think it undermines in any way the conclusions of the report,” he said. Those were his exact words. So were these, after interrogating Brady for more than five hours: “Totally cooperative,” Wells said of Brady’s testimony.

Brady did not fully cooperate, but he did not undermine the investigation. The NFL didn't have anything and they knew it. There was no fourth conspirator. There was no conspiracy to do anything and searching his phone further was nothing more than a fishing expedition.

Or what's obvious.

Pretty much this.

Who the hell keeps their old phone after getting a new one? And he wasn't under investigation at that time.

The media seems to be grasping at straws to make Brady seem guilty as hell....

...while they're grasping at straws to make Hillary look innocent.

I'm sure every high profile athlete destroys their phone every couple of months. Especially Brady whose wife is a celebrity as well it would look really bad if any personal info was leaked from his phone whether it be nude pics of Giselle or other girls.

He probably did destroy it due to this investigation, but that could be for dozens of reasons not just texts.

Hilarious.

How did he "explicitly" influence equipment personnel to act in violation of the rules? Do you even know what explicitly means? Which texts prove that?

When did Brady ever indicate that he liked the footballs deflated below the allowed limit?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...da3b02-3666-11e5-9d0f-7865a67390ee_story.html

Brady did not fully cooperate, but he did not undermine the investigation. The NFL didn't have anything and they knew it. There was no fourth conspirator. There was no conspiracy to do anything and searching his phone further was nothing more than a fishing expedition.
Not cooperating is certainly undermining the investigation lol. Even you cant spin that one.

But ya. Judge was asked to rule whether the NFL could suspend him the way they did, the answer was no. The fact that the judge really pushed for a settlement between the two parties makes me believe that he thought Brady was involved, but thats not what he was asked to decide on.

Pretty much this.

Who the hell keeps their old phone after getting a new one? And he wasn't under investigation at that time.

The media seems to be grasping at straws to make Brady seem guilty as hell....

...while they're grasping at straws to make Hillary look innocent.

Yes, I smash all my phones once I get a new one. That's what everybody does.

Supporters seem to be grasping at straws to deny obvious facts. Also, who the fuck cares about Hillary Clinton? She's a can and everyone knows it.

Not cooperating is certainly undermining the investigation lol. Even you cant spin that one.

But ya. Judge was asked to rule whether the NFL could suspend him the way they did, the answer was no. The fact that the judge really pushed for a settlement between the two parties makes me believe that he thought Brady was involved, but thats not what he was asked to decide on.

Give up the ghost.

You should understand that ESPN is the mouthpiece for the NFL and Lester Munson has absolutely no credibility with anyone that has a clue or is familiar with his "body of work".

It is clear that Berman bullying the NFL to settle because he is always aggressive in getting parties to settle and knew the NFL did not have a good case. Common sense applies here, no matter how hard Munson tried to twist things to serve his corporate masters.

You exposed yourself as an idiot and a fraud throughout this thread.

Last edited:
Hilarious.

I'm not digging up the texts again, but it was very clear given the communications between the two staffers that Brady EXPLICITLY instructed them to under-inflate-- there was no pussy footing around who was calling the orders on how the balls were inflated and who was bitching when they need to be let out.

Sadly, this cannot be corroborated by Brady's specific message, because, you know, people break their phones when they get new ones. But they only destroy particular ones, ones which were used during investigated time spans. It's weird that Brady does that to all of his phones, yet was able to submit into evidence two prior phones, used long after the scandal broke, but just happened to have destroyed the one just before those two....you know, the one which was used during the season.

If you don't think that, at the very least, Brady was extremely likely to have cheated, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even a Pats hater. I regularly praise Belichick for being the GOAT coach and Brady for being the GOAT playoff quarterback. But common sense is common sense.

Give up the ghost.

You should understand that ESPN is the mouthpiece for the NFL and Lester Munson has absolutely no credibility with anyone that has a clue or is familiar with his "body of work".

It is clear that Berman bullying the NFL to settle because he is always aggressive in getting parties to settle and knew the NFL did not have a good case. Common sense applies here, no matter how hard Munson tried to twist things to serve his corporate masters.

You exposed yourself as an idiot and a fraud throughout this thread.

No one mentioned ESPN. Im discussing what the judge just wrote. Try to keep up.

Pretty stupid, even for blind homers, to think that the judge wanted them to compromise on a settlement between themselves because he thought one party was totally innocent.

"An idiot and a fraud." Idiot is subjective to your opinion, but please inform me what qualifies me as a fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back