NFL recievers that could have been all pro running backs?

Hatorade

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
List of Receivers that I feel could have been all pro RB's on the right team.

Steve Smith: He had the right build to withstand the punishment an NFL back takes. He was an above average blocker. He had elite NFL speed with a good initial burst, and he had very good lateral movement for a receiver with the ability to break tackles. Add to this that he had HOF receiver hands and amazing rout running ability. I definitely could see Smith putting up over a 1,000 yards on the ground as a RB in the right scenario. Throw in his pass catching abilities, and he was capable of some big numbers on the right team.

Anquan Boldin: This guy was built right to play the RB position. I don't see him as a leading the league in rushing because he lacked the speed and lateral movement to take it to the house on any given play, but with his ability to break tackles, his vision and and ability to catch the football, he could have been one of those backs that put up big numbers as far as yards from scrimmage goes. He absolutely could have rushed for over a 1,000 yards and lit it up receiving out of the backfield on the right team.

Terrell Owens: At 6'3", he's a bit tall for a RB, but at 225lbs, he has a very similar build to Eric Dickerson, who was arguably the best pure runner to ever play the game. Owens had great top end speed, awesome lateral movement, and had surprising acceleration for a taller guy just like Dickerson. His blocking was as good as most backs in the league, and he was surprisingly hard to bring down for a lanky guy. He had the ability to run through tackles and possessed a stiff arm that could knock your teeth in. I could see Owens leading the league in rushing as well as total yards from scrimmage in the right situation. His ability to hit the home run leads me to believe that he could have absolutely put up over 1,500 yards on the ground, and put up crazy numbers as far as yards from scrimmage go in the right scenario. Imagine Owens playing for the Broncos instead of Terrel Davis or for the Seahawks instead of Sean Alexander. I think he would have been a beast of a RB, but his build and frame where much better suited to play WR in the NFL.

Who you got?

Last edited:
Ill go out on a limb and say Deebo would be a stud RB.

Don Beebe
Al Toon
Riley Cooper

Maybe Julio.

Though he's big, he's also pretty strong and is good at warding guys off.

honestly i think just about anyone can be an all-pro running back in today's game with the right line.

For some reason I thought Tim Dwight could be a pretty damn good back. He was pretty damn fast. He was good at following blocks on kick off so I'm pretty sure he could translate that into the running game. He played wide receiver so out of the backfield should be no problem. He is not scared to throw blocks. I remember when Tomlinson broke and was full speed to endzone and Dwight catches up and lays a major block on the safety to ensure the touchdown. He would need to put on a little weight though.

honestly i think just about anyone can be an all-pro running back in today's game with the right line.
No they cant.

But seriously, no they cant. Plenty of guys play on teams with good lines, and very few sniff elite production.

But seriously, no they cant. Plenty of guys play on teams with good lines, and very few sniff elite production.
NO BACKSIES!

Back