NFL Discussion, v44: Awwwwww the Denver Broncos ???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QywS5z7.gif

Defense couldn't stop shit on the last drive of the game. What makes anyone think they could've stopped GB from scoring? It's absurd

Also, if everything in your life is black and white, and winning the super bowl is the only way a season is a success...then yes, you are correct. However, 3 straight 8-8's coming off the worse defensive season in cowboys history...losing Demarcus Ware, Sean Lee and Jason Hatcher...and then going 12 and fucking 4! Yeah, I'll call that major progress, and I'll call that a success.

So, you can take your Ricky Bobby's dad style philosophy, and enjoy being miserable every time you don't reach the absolute pinnacle. Was I sad? Heart broken. Do I consider this season a failure? Fuck no.

Also, Jerry Jones named Pro Football Writers Association Executive of the year. Definitely wasn't the preseason fav for that.

th

Only one team can win it all. Then there are 31 others that are losers. The object of playing in the NFL is to win the Super Bowl. That is the only way it should be looked at.

Were the Cowboys better than they were in seasons past? Yes, but a divisional round exit is not a success no matter how you want to slice it.

Oh, Jerry won some bullshit executive of the year award... who gives a fuck?!

th

Only one team can win it all. Then there are 31 others that are losers. The object of playing in the NFL is to win the Super Bowl. That is the only way it should be looked at.

Were the Cowboys better than they were in seasons past? Yes, but a divisional round exit is not a success no matter how you want to slice it.

Oh, Jerry won some bullshit executive of the year award... who gives a fuck?!

So, you haven't felt like you've been a fan of a successful NFL team for 20 years? Jesus Christ, the misery. I mean, I get it. I do. Super Bowl is the goal. However, there's no fuckin' way I'd call these guys failures. Just a difference of opinion, I suppose.

I should also add, the bit about Jerry had nothing to do with the topic. Just read it, and put it in there

Most people were expecting Dallas to have the worst D in the league and be terrible. This season was a very successful one for them.

Yeah everybody expected the Canboys to be awful. The fact that they got to the 2nd round of the playoffs is a massive accomplishment. Saying anything else is crazy talk

So apparently the better team lost to a team with an injured QB who couldnt move well and a #3 rookie WR that hadnt done anything in a month who had more receiving yards than all of the Cowboys receivers combined

Interesting stuff.

So apparently the the better team lost to a team with a injured QB who couldnt move well and a #3 rookie WR that hadnt done anything in a month who had more receiving yards than all of the Cowboys receivers combined

Interesting stuff.

Don't get ahead of yourself here.

Romo is going in to have surgery on his hand from an injury he sufferend in the Lions game, had back surgery at the end of last season, and then broke two transverse process (the same injury Cam Newton got in the car crash) in the Washington game. Our QB hasn't been healthy in about 2 years.

I think the two teams are absolutely even, and the game showed it.

Here's how I look at it.

The Cowboys were capable of going into Seattle and winning. They had already done it this season.

Green Bay can not and will not win in Seattle.

I am not blaming the loss completely on the Dez situation. They had plenty of opportunities to put the game away. The missed FG, the Murray fumble, the refusal to blitz a hobbled Rodgers. These are all things that contributed to the loss.

Maybe Dallas could have stopped GB and held on to a 1/2/3 pt lead (depending on what they would have decided to do with the PA), maybe they couldn't have stopped them, but they should have had that opportunity because DEZ CAUGHT THAT FUCKING BALL! Most of the time when teams are that evenly matched, those games come down to and are ultimately decided by one or two plays. The one play that everyone will remember is that one fucking play and it should not have gone down the way it did.

Cowboys were gifted td in the first half anyway with that bs pi call. It evened out imo.

Here's how I look at it.

The Cowboys were capable of going into Seattle and winning. They had already done it this season.

Green Bay can not and will not win in Seattle.

I am not blaming the loss completely on the Dez situation. They had plenty of opportunities to put the game away. The missed FG, the Murray fumble, the refusal to blitz a hobbled Rodgers. These are all things that contributed to the loss.

Maybe Dallas could have stopped GB and held on to a 1/2/3 pt lead (depending on what they would have decided to do with the PA), maybe they couldn't have stopped them, but they should have had that opportunity because DEZ CAUGHT THAT FUCKING BALL! Most of the time when teams are that evenly matched, those games come down to and are ultimately decided by one or two plays. The one play that everyone will remember is that one fucking play and it should not have gone down the way it did.

I can agree with practically all that, but I won't definitely say that GB can't win in Seattle.

Can I say one thing though...

Washington Redskins and Green Bay Packers... Both of those teams should be ASHAMED of themselves for forcing NFL players to play on those shitty fields. It should be an embarrassment to those two teams that they roll out week in and week out on that awful field. The league should step in and do something. There is no reason for it, period. Home field advantage, what ever, it's bullshit and a danger to the players and takes away from the product on the field.

Cowboys were gifted td in the first half anyway with that bs pi call. It evened out imo.

Bullshit. GB was hitting Romo late and below the knee's every chance they got, and not a thing was said.

Stop blaming the refs, stop calling things karma, stop thinking shit is anymore than what it is. Every single game for every single team, there's bad calls...on both sides. Stop with the god damn excuses.

Bill Callahan to the skins. Good for you, Bill. Unfortunately you can't take Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, or Zach Martin with you. So, good luck.

Lol the GB field is fine

No, it wasn't. That field is awful.

It's noT ALWAYs awful, like the Redskins field, but that field Sunday was awful.

I get it, GB is good on it, they know it, and it's their home field advantage. To say that nasty chopped up ass field is fine, is wrong.

150113-linsley-hhcd-300.jpg
packers-cowboys-011115-004-L.jpg

It's a playoff game, the team had two weeks between games, that could've been a better field.

The Redskins are just too cheap and shitty, and their field always is awful. Their own sports radio teams around the DC area constantly bitch about it, and it's their teams field lol

First pic must have been shooped, field looks pretty good in that second pic

Soldier Field is much worse. This picture isnt even in January like last weeks game.

750x422

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back