NFL Discussion v39: Stafford 0-18* vs Winning Teams on Road Edition

QVX4o.jpg

KOJISOON.gif

It's up their with the Kings vs Lakers 2002 series.

Agreed. Might as well toss the Arizona State point shaving in there too. it's that fucking bad

I don't care about either team but The Lions got screwed.

I normally try to avoid links off of facebook, but this one was to Sports Illustrated...has to be somewhat legit.

dated from august. obviously the league isnt worried about it. of course that is like when the police investigate alleged corruption within the department. not exactly a shocker when they find nothing wrong

Luck was incredible today.

All I know is that if I was a Lions fan I would be losing my mind right now. Brutal. Absolutely brutal. Pass Interference...wowww I don't even know if I've ever seen something like THAT... like the flag was thrown! I didn't think it should have been thrown initially... really, I don't like PI calls that aren't super egregious, but to have it thrown and picked up with no explanation wwowww

All I know is that if I was a Lions fan I would be losing my mind right now. Brutal. Absolutely brutal. Pass Interference...wowww I don't even know if I've ever seen something like THAT... like the flag was thrown! I didn't think it should have been thrown initially... really, I don't like PI calls that aren't super egregious, but to have it thrown and picked up with no explanation wwowww

Flag thrown, penalty called, 1st down then...4th and 1.

Flag thrown, penalty called, 1st down then...4th and 1.

Yeah, I was like, wtf? How is it still 4th down? Did they not get enough yards.... wait, isn't that supposed to be an automatic first down anyways?

just brutal, god damn

like i said before, this is where its much easier being a lions fan. if you are a patriots fan, packer fan, hell even a raiders fan, that shit WILL kill you. as lions fans, we are conditioned to expect it. if you read my posts throughout the game, i consistently said that doom was going to come. i wasnt sure if it would be because the cowboys got on fire, or if the lions would just fold. i admit i didnt expect it to be because the refs just decided to take the game over themselves. but it didnt matter. I KNEW something would happen.

so yea, most of us just chalk it up to typical lions nonsense

like i said before, this is where its much easier being a lions fan. if you are a patriots fan, packer fan, hell even a raiders fan, that shit WILL kill you. as lions fans, we are conditioned to expect it. if you read my posts throughout the game, i consistently said that doom was going to come. i wasnt sure if it would be because the cowboys got on fire, or if the lions would just fold. i admit i didnt expect it to be because the refs just decided to take the game over themselves. but it didnt matter. I KNEW something would happen.

so yea, most of us just chalk it up to typical lions nonsense

Basically.

Even with the bullshit pick up call, how is it possible to not call a penalty on Dez for running on the fucking field without a helmet?

There is no legitimate explanation from the refs other than either a) we're morons b) don't care.

Carolina beating Seattle will be the most improbable stylistic upset I have ever seen. I just don't see any way they can win that game.

Dez Bryant coming off the bench on to the field to yell at the ref about it (with no helmet) didn't get an Unsportsmanlike either......

Had a conversation yesterday about how the conversation between the refs and the NFL during instant replays should be broadcast to provide full transparency, think the ref wireless comms should be broadcast now too.

Too bad it'll never happen.

Flags get picked up all the time and he barely touched him to begin with so it really shouldn't have even been thrown.

People just want something to complain about...

Dez Bryant coming off the bench on to the field to yell at the ref about it (with no helmet) didn't get an Unsportsmanlike either......

Had a conversation yesterday about how the conversation between the refs and the NFL during instant replays should be broadcast to provide full transparency, think the ref wireless comms should be broadcast now too.

Too bad it'll never happen.

yea, i dont think that would fly. having someone from new york come in your headset and tell you to pick it up might not go over too well.

i dont think they were focusing on the refs when it was announced they were picking up the flag. was there even a huddle AFTER they announced the penalty to reverse it? usually the cameras and announcers will say they are having a conference before they overturn something. this seemed to catch everyone by surprise.

and if there is video of the penalty getting overturned without a huddle, that would prove what we already know. conspiracy

Flags get picked up all the time and he barely touched him to begin with so it really shouldn't have even been thrown.

People just want something to complain about...

When you throw the flag, call the penalty, call the first down and then go "oops never mind", people are gonna call bullshit on it.

And then, y'know, no-calling Dez coming off the bench for the unsportsmanlike.

Dallas has a tough game in Green Bay, the team is road warrior's and i can't wait to see who is tougher in the cold

Back