NFL Discussion v38: Stafford 0-17 vs Winning Teams on Road Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at rush defense and pass defense ranking, not points allowed. Generally, those aren't going to be too deceptive. Points allowed can be skewed by field positioning.

It still blows my mind that Indy got the luxury of Peyton to Luck. Ridiculous lol.

What a fucking dime piece. NFL window.

It still blows my mind that Indy got the luxury of Peyton to Luck. Ridiculous lol.

most experts agree Farve & Rodgers >>>>>> Manning & Luck

I know. I live in Bills territory, and they still haven't replaced Jim Kelly. Some teams go decades without a true franchise guy, and some teams just got the luck(Pittsburgh getting Mario Lemeiux and Sidney Crosby and San Antonio getting Tim Duncan and David Robinson come to mind)

I look at rush defense and pass defense ranking, not points allowed. Generally, those aren't going to be too deceptive. Points allowed can be skewed by field positioning.

It can be skewed in both directions.

They were 13th in rushing and 29th in passing, yet only gave up 5 more TDs than the number 1 ranked passing defense of Seattle....

3rd down and red zone defense is more important than total yards. Points is how the game is determined, easily the most important stats.

Btw, yards are obviously effected by field position too.

3rd down and red zone defense is more important than total yards. Points is how the game is determined, easily the most important stats.

Bingo. Like I said, their "awful pass defense" only gave up 5 more TDs than the number 1 ranked Legion of Boom.

You're right. There are so many variables. But when I see a team not allowing yardage, generally it's because they are a better overall defense than the bend but don't break defenses. A lot of these games are decided by so little. There's a lot of bad defenses in the NFL these days, where just a couple plays decide the game. Look no further than the Steelers beating Cincy last week. If AJ Green doesn't fumble, Pittsburgh wasn't stopping them.

That is a piss poor stat. They allowed an average of 18 points per game. Oakland allowed 28 points per game and is the 21st ranked defense.

You that loves to call out "psuedo stats" should know that.

They allowed 1k yards the last two games. Carolina benefitted from a shitty qb and punter and still weren't able to put them away until late in the game. Any other team would have won by 30.

Andrew Luck is like Bigfoot Silva to me. They both have the gigantic head and booming voice like they should be 7 feet tall, but are "only" 6'4.

Lucks neck beard is disgusting. He looks like a homeless alcoholic.

Luck making some tremendous throws. Would have been a TD if not for a great play by Kirkpatrick.

They allowed 1k yards the last two games. Carolina benefitted from a shitty qb and punter and still weren't able to put them away until late in the game. Any other team would have won by 30.

18 points per game>yards.

2 points less than the number 1 defense. Points>yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back