NFL Discussion: Too many damn Allen's

Who is the MVP

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically he's having an incredible year, it just doesn't pass the eye test because they've lost some head scratchers and struggle against good teams. He also contributed to that with bad performances in big games earlier in the season. He's been playing at a really high level recently.

1st in yards on nearly 68% passing. 3rd in QBR. Top 10 in passer rating. If they were 8-2 he'd be getting a lot more attention.
If he was a real MVP candidate they would be 8-2. MVP's don't lose to the Jets lol

I’m drunk so I’m sorry for call you a bird brain.

My point was that I don’t know the answer because it hasn’t happened. The strength of the ravens is exactly as you said, and their adaptability. But everyone has a number, and someone’s gonna call it sooner or later. That’s all I’m sayin.

relax beefcake
Well sustaining a high powered offense over the course of even a few years is nearly impossible if that's what you're talking about. This is the NFL. Crazy high turnover in personnel. Guys can decline rapidly. Injuries. Coaching staffs also turn over a ton.

I'm talking about this year, with this current offensive unit. It's going to take a defense that can punch them in the mouth up front and the back end to stop them and I'm not sure that defense exists. They're not going to get 'schemed' into being ineffective. If the offense becomes ineffective this season it'll be because they get sloppy turning over the ball, sustain injuries to the wrong guys, or some defense just beats them up up front. I'm curious to see if the 9ers can do that.

And don't worry, we talk nonstop shit here. No one takes it personal except pussies who don't last.

Well sustaining a high powered offense over the course of even a few years is nearly impossible if that's what you're talking about. This is the NFL. Crazy high turnover in personnel. Guys can decline rapidly. Injuries. Coaching staffs also turn over a ton.

I'm talking about this year, with this current offensive unit. It's going to take a defense that can punch them in the mouth up front and the back end to stop them and I'm not sure that defense exists. They're not going to get 'schemed' into being ineffective. If the offense becomes ineffective this season it'll be because they get sloppy turning over the ball, sustain injuries to the wrong guys, or some defense just beats them up up front. I'm curious to see if the 9ers can do that.

And don't worry, we talk nonstop shit here. No one takes it personal except pussies who don't last.
yeah I was just thinking the teams that come to mind are Steelers, rams, 9ers

I was just impressed yesterday that the only pass Watson could take was Hopkins on a slant.

I was just impressed yesterday that the only pass Watson could take was Hopkins on a slant.
That was far and away the best game the Ravens defense has played this year. Honestly, I'm far more scared of Belichick figuring out how to sustain drives and put up 30+ on them than being able to shut down the Raven offense. The no huddle drives were eating them alive a couple weeks ago until the turnovers. Then Lamr and Co. just ate up the clock with those two 9 minute TD drives.

Last edited:
Tygod Time in LA next year.

Rivers is pretty much done, and I expect them to do something lulzy on this final drive, but the Chiefs are definitely capable of blowing this lead even with the Chargers having no timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back