NFL Discussion: Running Backs are worthless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dez is a headcase but Tom just wants to win

bradynos.gif

Dez is a headcase but Tom just wants to win

bradynos.gif
I feel like teams are more willing to put up with headcase QBs than WRs. WRs have huge impacts on the game obviously but if you have a shit tier QB with All Pro receivers... well, look at the Packers last year to see what happens.

It's the same reason in a sport like hockey a team will deal with the shitty-ness/weirdness of a guy like this:

Or in baseball you put up with a guy like Madison Bumgarner being a posturing douchebag because of what he can do.

Whereas Dez, guys numbers don't warrant putting up with the shit that comes from him basically being a headcase diva.

EDIT:
Westbrook is another good example. Guy routinely gets into it with teammates and fans and shit but you put up with it cause of what that guy can do on the Court.

Randy Moss when he was in Minny as he calmed down after he left you put up with cause of what he could do. You put up with the fucking instanity of Aqib Talib to a point because of what he does on the field to stop people.

Rodman was another one in the NBA. You put up with him being ejected and shit for fighting/headcase shit cause of what he can do on the court. As soon as the distractions outweighed what he could do on the court he was gone.

Last edited:
That depends on if you believe he is Gurley or Elliot. Any position outside of kickers can be worth a #2 pick if they are truly elite.
Agree a little bit, but if Chubb is elite you take the elite pass rusher over the elite RB every time (see pay/contracts). Ironic thing about Gurley -> I defended him when he had a terrible year because of the team he was on (sort of goes with my point that team matters), when others said he was a CAN.

Most NFL teams jump at the opportunity for a player to take a prove it deal except in Dez's case. Is he really that big of a headache?
It seems like the Dez shit has been hilariously overblown.

Brady has a sideline tantrum and hes “passionate”.

Dez has one and hes a headcase.

I wondered if hes pricing himself out, but with that offer from the Ravens, it doesnt sound like money was the sticking point.

I sure as shit would have my cans rather gotten Dez than Martavis. (Granted I still love the Martavis signing.)

Nailed it
Brady = 6 rings
Dez = no rings, beat his own mother, and hasn't had 1000 yard season in like 4 years

Think teams are more willing to put up with a headcase when they bring trophies back.

It seems like the Dez shit has been hilariously overblown.

Brady has a sideline tantrum and hes “passionate”.

Dez has one and hes a headcase.

I wondered if hes pricing himself out, but with that offer from the Ravens, it doesnt sound like money was the sticking point.

I sure as shit would have my cans rather gotten Dez than Martavis. (Granted I still love the Martavis signing.)
Have you watched All Or Nothing on Amazon? Dez looks like a silly asshat, entire coaching staff looks soft, etc.

Have you watched All Or Nothing on Amazon? Dez looks like a silly asshat, entire coaching staff looks soft, etc.
Is it worth watching that? I've been avoiding watching it cause fuck the Cangirls.

Is it worth watching that? I've been avoiding watching it cause fuck the Cangirls.
It's what Hard Knocks once was IMO. I have only watched a few episodes so far, but it had cool nuggets in the Cardinals season - They celebrated thinking Abdullah was about to be their pick in the war room, Lions take him the picks for their choice and they are pissed. End up settling for David Johnson later

It's what Hard Knocks once was IMO. I have only watched a few episodes so far, but it had cool nuggets in the Cardinals season - They celebrated thinking Abdullah was about to be their pick in the war room, Lions take him the picks for their choice and they are pissed. End up settling for David Johnson later
Are the Tards and Cangirls the only two teams they follow around?

I think that's part of the issue for me, the ads make it look like they only follow Dal and AZ. One team I can't stop making fun of and the other team makes me feel bad for Fitz.

Are the Tards and Cangirls the only two teams they follow around?

I think that's part of the issue for me, the ads make it look like they only follow Dal and AZ. One team I can't stop making fun of and the other team makes me feel bad for Fitz.
It was strictly the Cardinals last year (maybe 2 years ago), it is only the Cowboys this year. It's a good watch when you really need some football lol

Brady = 6 rings
Dez = no rings, beat his own mother, and hasn't had 1000 yard season in like 4 years

Think teams are more willing to put up with a headcase when they bring trophies back.
Thats a really shitty argument. Brady isnt called a headcase for his tantrums. Theyre written off as “passionate”.

Rings or not a tantrum is a tantrum. Whether or not you allow it because of the importance of the player is another story.

Havent heard of it, but its not hard to use selective clips to make someone look bad.

The Dez situation is the exact same as Kaepernick.

His play last year declined to the point where he isn’t worth the drama to most teams. If he was still a #1 receiver the Cowboys wouldn’t have let him go. If they both still played at a high level they would both still have jobs despite the off the field drama. That’s the risk you take when you walk on the edge though.

Obviously where Brady comes into this is his value far exceeds whatever arguments he gets into on the sideline.

Havent heard of it, but its not hard to use selective clips to make someone look bad.
No need to do that with Dez. Dude beat up his own fucking mother.

No need to do that with Dez. Dude beat up his own fucking mother.
Dont disagree there. But do you think any team actually cares about shit like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back