NFL Discussion: Division Ships

Which choke job was worse?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, still can't believe how poorly the Ravens played on Saturday. They could have overcome one aspect not playing well, but they sucked at everything. And WTF with the play calling? Best rush offense ever and they abandon the run after 3 possessions. WTF? It wasn't even like the run was getting stuffed. They just shot themselves in the foot a couple times. The panic was real. SMH. O-Line didn't play well, receivers couldn't catch, Lamar got taken out of his game, ST got penalties twice on punts that they let go into the endzone, secondary got burnt, LBs got exposed by Henry any time the D-Line didn't stuff him, awful situational play calling. Just a terrible, terrible game. Really wish they had lost that Steelers game in retrospect. Maybe this crap would have been out of their system.

Props to the Titans though. They made no major mistakes and took advantage of every short field they were given (all 4 TDs came off short fields). They came to play. Hope they win it all.

As the game went on, I just thought the Ravens weren't prepared for the situation they were in. For months they have always been winning and in charge of the game. As soon as they went down by even 7 I was like "Ohhh... this is interesting."

Pretty much every coach abandons the running game. It's silly - there'll be like 40 minutes left in a game and they feel like they gotta hurry. It's bizarre.

But the Titans played that game perfectly on defense. They got the book on Lamar, pushed him wide, played zone, and swatted down his 8 m.p.h. passes.

No offense to Tannehill since he's playing pretty decent, but can you imagine if they got a decent quarterback?

If Brady and new England part ways, that's gotta be the first team that goes after him.
lmao @ brady being decent. TD Tanny is way better than him at this point.

Tom Flores not getting into the HOF is a robbery if theres ever been one. Absolute joke.

Antonio-Brown-Thing.gif

He threw a literal bag of dicks at his baby momma while police where there lol

And WTF with the play calling? Best rush offense ever and they abandon the run after 3 possessions. WTF? It wasn't even like the run was getting stuffed.

I was questioning this the entire game. It made zero sense.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks keep trying to run when they cant lmao.

Losing a 24 point lead in less than a quarter has to be some sort of record right? I mean Im a chargers fan so Ive seen some epic leads blown but that was so bad, so quickly.

How is BOB still employed at this point? lol

The Titans will be in cap hell this off-season (someone made a longer post in the last thread about it), there is no way they can afford Brady nor would it make sense even if they had more cap space to work with.

Meh.

Theyre currently sitting at 58mil. under the cap for 2020.

If they cut their old/underperforming guys (Wake/Walker/Lewis) they free up another 16mil.
Daquan Jones has been playing decent, but the'd save 6mil if he's cut
Cutting Casey would free up another 10mil., but i highly doubt they'd do that.

A tannehill extension will probably cost them between 22-26mil./yr.
A Conklin extension between 12-16mil/yr.
Henry will probably be looking for the highest RB contract (15-17mil.), but he might just get "Demarco Murray'd"
They'll probably let Logan Ryan hit FA.

Obviously they can juggle these contracts to take a hit later.
I'd probably frontload Tanny's contract (potential out after 2 yrs) like the 9ers did with Jimmy G, in case Tanny just had a one hit wonder season.

Some role players to sign:
Correa
Dennis Kelly
Firkser
Sharpe
Brock

Its time to let Burfict finish the job.

Meh.

Theyre currently sitting at 58mil. under the cap for 2020.

If they cut their old/underperforming guys (Wake/Walker/Lewis) they free up another 16mil.
Daquan Jones has been playing decent, but the'd save 6mil if he's cut
Cutting Casey would free up another 10mil., but i highly doubt they'd do that.

A tannehill extension will probably cost them between 22-26mil./yr.
A Conklin extension between 12-16mil/yr.
Henry will probably be looking for the highest RB contract (15-17mil.), but he might just get "Demarco Murray'd"
They'll probably let Logan Ryan hit FA.

Obviously they can juggle these contracts to take a hit later.
I'd probably frontload Tanny's contract (potential out after 2 yrs) like the 9ers did with Jimmy G, in case Tanny just had a one hit wonder season.

Some role players to sign:
Correa
Dennis Kelly
Firkser
Sharpe
Brock
It is still tight depending on how many they want to keep and certainly too tight to sign Brady, especially if he wants to cash in now.

You are right that cap situations rarely turn out as bad as they look at first, because of all the restructuring of contracts/possible cuts etc. and whatever else is going on.

Aside from that, would you give Tanny that kind of deal (not considering the other options, just purely from a financial standpoint)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back