NFL Discussion 47: Cheating Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding to the science with personal attacks.

The go to move for mental midgets.

Black Science Man just dropped another hammer on the Pats and their bullshit excuses.

Lol just totally ignored the post, fuck it I'll join in. Ya they are a bunch of cheats with those ped hawks, super bowl of cheats.

This poll is awful, and people are still arguing about the Cheatriots? Thought this has been news for years.

Lol just totally ignored the post, fuck it I'll join in. Ya they are a bunch of cheats with those ped hawks, super bowl of cheats.

What post?

I was wrong. The weather wouldn't affect the footballs like that. But it was one of the excuses used by the Cheatriots.

Yet another thing that points to them deflating balls intentionally.

Lol, how's that?

You realize they played like half of the season with him either out or injured, right?

Same thing happened last year, too.

I'm sure you did though.

And they didn't win the superbowl did they?

One less weapon for Manning.

Black Science Guy > Bill Nye the Science Guy > Bill "I'm no scientist" Belicheat

The big brains have spoken

And they didn't win the superbowl did they?

One less weapon for Manning.

They won almost every game he was out though...

Guess they'll have to make do with DT and Sanders.

-Hernandez

-Adrian Peterson

-Ray Rice

-Deflategate

At this point, Goodell must be all

make-it-stop-o-s.gif

Whatchall gon do when Manning gets cracked and goes down for the count?

What post?

I was wrong. The weather wouldn't affect the footballs like that. But it was one of the excuses used by the Cheatriots.

Yet another thing that points to them deflating balls intentionally.

You quoted me and the Neil Twitter post. I thought you were using it as why I was wrong. If so you couldn't have read my post. I still didn't get an actual response. If I'm misunderstanding this my bad.

Son, what are you having a hard time with?

Its pretty cut and dry.

You quoted me and the Neil Twitter post. I thought you were using it as why I was wrong. If so you couldn't have read my post. I still didn't get an actual response. If I'm misunderstanding this my bad.

You quoted me because I said that maybe they were inflating the balls to the lowest possible point and then letting the cold air do the rest.

Black Science Man said that for them to lose 15% of the pressure, the balls would have to be filled with hot air.

If that's true then that would mean the Patriots are filling balls with hot air to achieve that affect. Cheating.

Or, they're filling balls with normal air and then letting some out after they're inspected. Cheating.

Son, what are you having a hard time with?

Its pretty cut and dry.

Are you talking to me lol? If so did you read my posts earlier about the unconfirmed report of the balls being 2.0 below 12.5. If the report were false and what mike florio was reporting, closer to 1.0 than 2.0, were true it would explain the situation. Also the colts balls would have to be at 13.5 for it to make sense. Just a theory and I was trying to debate about it.

You quoted me because I said that maybe they were inflating the balls to the lowest possible point and then letting the cold air do the rest.

Black Science Man said that for them to lose 15% of the pressure, the balls would have to be filled with hot air.

If that's true then that would mean the Patriots are filling balls with hot air to achieve that affect. Cheating.

Or, they're filling balls with normal air and then letting some out after they're inspected. Cheating.

That's true but that's only if we are talking about the balls being 2.0 below 12.5. If they weren't then it wouldn't apply, which mike florio was reporting. Not saying your wrong or I'm right. This comes down to if the balls dropped 2.0 below 12.5, it still hasn't been confirmed.

Also I didn't know that they couldn't have filled the balls up with hot air like that? Interesting if true. Either way they should make it an exact number not 12.5 to 13.5, why not 13.0. Would make more sense imo

So a team with a proven track record of cheating just so happens to be a statistical outlier when it comes to fumbling, and fumbling is something that can be greatly reduced by deflating balls. Must just be a happy coincidence! LMAO

Yeah - the Sharp football analysis article on fumbling has some serious flaws. The comments section on his website details it pretty thoroughly. For starters, he refers to them as extreme outliers yet in his data they rank #2. If you look more closely at the data, it's about fumbles lost. The Pats' really incredible stat is the number of their own fumbles they recover - hard to chalk that up to deflation of a football by 1 PSI. Those are just two of the numerous issues that ruin the argument... but probably the most damning statistical argument against it is that the author is assuming a normal distribution pattern of the data and in doing so is also assuming that all plays (passing, running, FG's, punts...etc.) are created equal when we know they're not. This causes the data distribution to exhibit positive skew towards teams that are more pass heavy or just simply outliers due to a multitude of favorable conditions. In other words - to use 1 or 2 standard deviations to get to a reasonable confidence level (usually, 2 is acceptable because it should account for 95% of occurrences) is incorrect in light of the distribution pattern. Intellectually and statistically speaking, the article is somewhat dishonest... it also throws out the dome teams that rank ahead of NE - woops... take BJGE from NE's running back stable in 2010 and 2011 and this wouldn't have ever made it into a published study.

As for the clubhouse attendant that took 24 balls into the bathroom for 90 seconds... as Mike Florio has noted, that means 7.5 seconds to get all 12 balls out of the bag, deflate each perfectly to the magic specifications that the evil Tom Brady demands, get them back in the bag without fucking any of them up below acceptable levels (which would be a catastrophe as he couldn't reinflate the ball). Not saying it's impossible but it a) sounds almost too sketchy and too tight to either be possible or even worth attempting.... and b) sounds like he was taking a leak before being out on the field for an hour and a half without a break. The smoking gun won't be the tape, it'll be if they searched his belongings or something and found a needle - something like that.

Again - all possible but this latest statement (I think) actually hurts the "haters'" case... but hey, a long list of storied journalists have now been smoked by releasing bad reports with incorrect information... what went from 2 PSI or even more went to more like 1 PSI - maybe less.... and as the SmartLab test in Pittsburgh showed us is that the simulated conditions they went through produced up to 1.8 PSI of difference to the downside in pressure reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxsXFX3tDpg

Yeah - the Sharp football analysis article on fumbling has some serious flaws. The comments section on his website details it pretty thoroughly. For starters, he refers to them as extreme outliers yet in his data they rank #2. If you look more closely at the data, it's about fumbles lost. The Pats' really incredible stat is the number of their own fumbles they recover - hard to chalk that up to deflation of a football by 1 PSI. Those are just two of the numerous issues that ruin the argument... but probably the most damning statistical argument against it is that the author is assuming a normal distribution pattern of the data and in doing so is also assuming that all plays (passing, running, FG's, punts...etc.) are created equal when we know they're not. This causes the data distribution to exhibit positive skew towards teams that are more pass heavy or just simply outliers due to a multitude of favorable conditions. In other words - to use 1 or 2 standard deviations to get to a reasonable confidence level (usually, 2 is acceptable because it should account for 95% of occurrences) is incorrect in light of the distribution pattern. Intellectually and statistically speaking, the article is somewhat dishonest... it also throws out the dome teams that rank ahead of NE - woops... take BJGE from NE's running back stable in 2010 and 2011 and this wouldn't have ever made it into a published study.

As for the clubhouse attendant that took 24 balls into the bathroom for 90 seconds... as Mike Florio has noted, that means 7.5 seconds to get all 12 balls out of the bag, deflate each perfectly to the magic specifications that the evil Tom Brady demands, get them back in the bag without fucking any of them up below acceptable levels (which would be a catastrophe as he couldn't reinflate the ball). Not saying it's impossible but it a) sounds almost too sketchy and too tight to either be possible or even worth attempting.... and b) sounds like he was taking a leak before being out on the field for an hour and a half without a break. The smoking gun won't be the tape, it'll be if they searched his belongings or something and found a needle - something like that.

Again - all possible but this latest statement (I think) actually hurts the "haters'" case... but hey, a long list of storied journalists have now been smoked by releasing bad reports with incorrect information... what went from 2 PSI or even more went to more like 1 PSI - maybe less.... and as the SmartLab test in Pittsburgh showed us is that the simulated conditions they went through produced up to 1.8 PSI of difference to the downside in pressure reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxsXFX3tDpg

Lol good stuff. I just hope the truth comes out of all this, if they cheated or not. Would be funny to see ESPN's reaction if it's proven they didn't do anything wrong. Or if they were reporting lies possibly or someone fed them misinformation and they ran with it. This whole thing just sounds like a mess

So...

1. Tom Brady had the balls deflated by someone because he prefers deflated balls (as he's said previously).

2. Someone sabotaged the Patriots' balls before the game.

3. Everything reported to this point is wrong.

Any other possibilities?

I guess 2 is a small possibility at this point, but Brady would have noticed it and would have had them changed. So it's hard for me to see anything other than 1 at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back