Nexus was the biggest botch in WWE history

Meh, whatever. My point still stands. I don't even like the little shit bird, but dude got railroaded and fought uphill at a time when his popularity was at it's peak, for no reason at all. I also still question his career ending "you could die with the slightest bump to the head" diagnosis that miraculously went away and allowed him to jump head first off of ladders again.
Hasn't been near a ladder since he came back or you talking about the first comeback? Which he was in aladder match and then had to retire.

Weird how that worked.

Also....he was constantly fucked out of titles since the SummerSlam of that year and barring the Wyatt stuff was pretty much the focal point of the entire Authority angle until WrestleMania.

If you think it was some Machiavellian plot behind the curtains by the McMahon'...... congratulations how did it feel like to get worked like you weren't a jaded old fan?

Wyatt Family was a bigger missed opportunity imo. You could even make an argument that they dropped the ball more with them as singles than as a group.
Yeah this was probably more egregious. Both Wyatt, and Harper had big pontiential. Which was mostly wasted at the time. Wade Barrett getting buried (Twice technically as the bad news barrett gimmick was stifled as well) was really shitty.

Man, you guys make me glad I dumped WWE like a bad fucking habit long ago. Shit sounds dire.

Are you kidding? Nexus was certainly botched but it was just a repeat of the Invasion except when Invasion happened many more people and much cooler people watched rasslin.

I think the invasion and the WWE n.w.o were bigger mess ups.

Wwe always turns every stable into jobbers. Nexus, spirit squad, 3mb, Wyatt family, sAnity, League of Nations etc. Usually just a large group of people to put over baby faces. A ton of talent in those groups yet little success in any.

Numerous booking mistakes factor in but in the end none bigger than supercena booking, which killed most pushes around that time. You beat John once and you're bound to lose the next three big PPV matches.

I quite enjoyed some of their beatdowns though.

I think the invasion and the WWE n.w.o were bigger mess ups.
Invasion was 3 months, it could have lasted 2 years. But in the 3 months I think it was alright, it was forced. But I don't think it was the worst thing to happen storyline wise.

Invasion was 3 months, it could have lasted 2 years. But in the 3 months I think it was alright, it was forced. But I don't think it was the worst thing to happen storyline wise.

The WCW "Invasion" that needed to add ECW guys as well as WWF vets like Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Shane and Stephanie to Team WCW because basically no WCW stars were on board yet was a complete and total flop. It ended with the Rock pinning Austin with Angle's help for goodness sake. No Goldberg. No Steiner. No nWo. No Sting. What could have been .... Ugh.

Typical same old bullshit from the leader of the breakfast club. didn’t suprise me back then and still doesn’t to this day, edge and Jericho have been on the record and have stated that they wanted Cena to put those guys over at summerslam but nope. I’m John Cena I’m gonna do things my way I’m too Political with my politican voice. You could have done something that would have carried into wrestlemania 27. Or you could have had the big blow off at survivor series witch would have made more sense rather then rushing this like they did!! But nope Cena needed to squash them all this was was a filler feud to give Cena something to do until he faced the miz at wrestlemania 27 in that god awful match. Because Cena has no talent!! He’s a shitty worker and an even shitter actor think about the countless number of people/superstars this overrated bum has played politics on and tried to bury he’s definitely alot worse then hbk or hunter.
Oh and what’s the breakfast club? John Cena,
randy orton, triple h, hbk (formerly) Batista, guys that Vince shoved down your throats and nobody else ever got the top spot these guys were Vince’s so called chosen ones. Some would also say Edge is a member and to a degree yes, but edge actually had fucking talent and had charisma and he wasn’t protected like fuckboy Cena, he actually put People over, Oh but what about Sheamus? He wasn’t shoved down our throats for 9 fucking years like Cena.

Last edited:
I'd put making the WCW world title match as the main event to Raw in Tacoma, WA with Buff Bagwell as the challenger was a huge botch that affected the Invasion. Why book a company that hardly did shows in WA as the highlight to a Raw there?

I don't believe it was the biggest, but it was a missed opportunity. They just let Cena eat them too fast.

Think about this the nexus were the hottest faction in the summer. But by the time the winter comes around barrett is already being buried in a chairs match and the faction is pretty much dead. They couldn’t even carry it into wrestlemania that’s how stupid this company is

Back