1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Next Women Bantamweight champ

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by wanted226, Feb 3, 2020.

1. wanted226 Purple Belt

[​IMG]
    Look at her Tysonesque KO and tell me with that frame and technique Irene won't take the game over upon Nunes' next title defense. The two girlz in Irene and also, I believe her training partner, Alexa Grasso are actual martial artists who av a lot of technique and rhythm and come to fight. fight fight, real fight<{natewhut}><209Bitch> (besides the weight cut fail for UFC246 of Grasso but hey, weight cut is a fail of MMA itself so if you fail at failing - it is actually done right, one could say).
    <{natewhut}>

2. cade187 I'm not a part of your system.

No. Amanda would ruin her.

3. Better Every Day Zhang finishing Andrade avatar Platinum Member

I hope so. I'm an Aldana fan.

[​IMG]

4. Dreyga2000 VOTE DREYGA FOR POSTER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!

Before I clicked the link I knew this was about Aldana. She got good hands. One of the best strikers in her division. Look a little closer and you see she has fourth highest takedown in the UFC. The highest overall for female fighters. Her last two losses were split decisions they really could have gone either way.

While I'm not saying she will beat Amanda I think she is one of if not the most competitive contender in the division.

5. boladiQup Purple Belt

she's definitely on my incredibly short list of WMMA fighters that i enjoy watching, but i think it's still a bit too early in her career to handle the Lioness.

would root for her for sure though.

6. kickpuncher Banned Banned

Amanda is sloppy on the feet, and GDR exposed her in that regard. However, you gotta stop her lay and pray technique so these future chicks better work on both.

7. winkydinks Banned Banned

Sorry but we need to see more from Aldana. The Vieira ko was a good starting point, but she couldn't beat Pennington not that long ago. The winner of Ladd/Pena will get the next shot. If Ladd wins and could somehow drag Amanda into championship rounds, there'd be upset potential. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening, and would honestly rather see my girl get some more basting juice in her syringe before she tries to pull the turkey out of the oven.

Shevchenko is really the only fighter who has a real shot to beat Amanda rn, and I'd be surprised if a trilogy fight happens within the next year or so.

Amanda could very well be the champ for several more years. If Chiasson gets a good bit more experience during that time, I could see her pulling it off down the road.

8. Nihongi Red Belt

<Dylan>

9. JarlSkuld Black Belt

I'm among the biggest Irene fans on Sherdog and even I don't think she'll be champ (as long as Nunes isn't retired). But, she has improved so much since her Invicta days. I'd like to see her get another big win before she challenges for the title.

Jarl