Next UFC event to be held in a Stadium? *PICS

Those stadiums with athletic tracks would be terrible to watch a fight.. So so far away from the octagon....

They won't do a huge show in the UK because of the time difference.

Yeah NO could become a great fight city lol

Yeah, the bars I've been to on fight nights usually have a good deal of people there. Oddly enough I think the GSP/Condit fight had the least amount of people I've seen this year.

NOLA already has the heritage of big boxing fights anyway, I think it could be resurrected.

Don't think Wembly would fill though that would be awesome. Cowboys stadium, Met-Life stadium (New Jersey), the Superdome or Candlestick Park would all do well I think.

The Olympic Stadium was different, not Wembley. I'd say they are both too big, you wouldn't be able to see anything.

I don't think England has a big enough MMA market to fill Wembley.

I think if it was Bisping vs Anderson with a huge undercard they would get close. Perhaps not Wembley but maybe premier league football stadium

It would need a roof as well, the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff would be good. It's packed in as well because it's right in the middle of the city.

It would need a roof as well, the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff would be good. It's packed in as well because it's right in the middle of the city.

Been to a boxing Event in the milenium stadium. Joe Calzaghe vs Peter Manfredo. Atmosphere was epic and it was full. I was on the second tier and could see perfectly. However they only used half of the stadium

MMA doesn't really work in stadium environment. Not because they can't draw the fans for a venue of that size. In baseball or football they both work in stadiums since the playing field is huge in comparison to MMA. The Octagon would fit inbetween the space between homeplate and the pitchers mound and the action plays out over the course of the whole baseball or football field.

for people who bought tickets to the very back, what is the point of watching it live when you're seated so far away from the fight you can barely see the fighters?? rather save that ticket money for some alcohol.

Been to a boxing Event in the milenium stadium. Joe Calzaghe vs Peter Manfredo. Atmosphere was epic and it was full. I was on the second tier and could see perfectly. However they only used half of the stadium

Depending on who's fighting I would definitely be up for something like that. They added huge screens at the Rodgers Centre, they could do it if the UFC came to town.

I don't think England has a big enough MMA market to fill Wembley.

Not at 80 quid a pop but if Bisping fights anderson there then if they have reasonable prices I'd guess at major major numbers

you talk about all those stadiums but it is going to have to be a dome. No way the UFC is going to risk doing the event somewhere that it can be canceled by weather.

The only places the UFC could fill a stadium are Brazil or Canada. The market isn't big enough anywhere else and the market in the US is too spread out.

Dudes, what about sweden??

Selling out in 3 hrs on a ufc on fuel card, where the big name was a mid-tier gus (at that time) vs. thiago silva.

I`m sure they could sell out 3 times the number of ticets of that event...

Think about;

Jon Jones vs. Gus

Any stadium in sweden would be packed..

Back