Next TUF coaches? Bring back legends?

I’m not a fan of TUF but Yan Vs Aljamain would be hilarious

Make the last episode preview about Sterling hurting Himself again LOL

I think turning a circus into a bigger circus is reality TV gold.

You could also have Yan advising his fighter to do an illegal strike as a promo.

The only season I would like to see is a veteran season and by veteran, I don't mean a random Brazilian who had 1 fight in the UFC but instead guys you have heard of who gets another shot at joining the UFC. TUF was really fun for the first couple of seasons but now it's a disaster.

Nate Diaz is very team oriented and is known fir being a good teammate, which can be a good quality to have on top of his long and storied career. Masvidal as we all know had and still has a great career, I’m not privy to how he his as a teammate or coach, but somehow I don’t think he would be anywhere near horrid as a coach
On top of their personality and popularity, I just don’t see how it wouldn’t work
Yeah but the UFC brings in their institute coaches. They are more figureheads. I think they would be good value and wouldn't be a bad choice.
Yeah but the UFC brings in their institute coaches. They are more figureheads. I think they would be good value and wouldn't be a bad choice.
Mas might have something to offer since he would bring ATT. But I get the feeling while he has a wealth of knowledge, he isn't the coaching type personality wise. And as far as Diaz, I can't buy that he's got a good coaching team or coaching ability for modern mma when he is still a horrid wrestler out of choice.

As I'm mostly interested in training and the fight I'm pretty much good with whoever. Nice to see their "Coach" perspective and involvement though.

Not that I’m in control of it but if I were this would be my dream season.

Take 32 mid to low card guys from a given division. Buy them out of their contracts, win bonuses and all, to compete in TUF. Do the big 16 fight round right off the bat just to get into the house where the losers have no promised contract but can serve as alternates and train with the team as long as they’re medically cleared.

Semi finalists guaranteed certain contracts (maybe 50+50), runner up gets a bigger contract (maybe 100+100) and the winner gets a slightly bigger contract (maybe 130+130) plus a title shot.

Coaches would be legends who are actually good coaches. Randy and Tito come to mind and that would actually be fun because of their history but realistically they’re both in pretty poor standing with the UFC so probably not them, but anyone who fits that bill. Will never happen though.

I think the UFC should just double down on the douchebags.
I’m surprised they didn’t fill the house with a bunch of fame hungry idiots O’Malley/Perry types.
Give them some booze and lord knows it’d be some dumb fun TV

I think the UFC should just double down on the douchebags.
I’m surprised they didn’t fill the house with a bunch of fame hungry idiots O’Malley/Perry types.
Give them some booze and lord knows it’d be some dumb fun TV
You literally described the first several seasons, if not most or all, of TUF.

You literally described the first several seasons, if not most or all, of TUF.
Exactly, it was actually ridiculous and watchable. Recent seasons of TUF feels cookie cutter and safe.
My point is you’d think in 2021 we couldn’t find a handfuls of those types to spruce in the show.

When Colby loses in November I think Masvidal vs Covington would be a good one.

They should do adesanya and Alex Perreira guy that beat him twice and knocked him out lol.
He just got signed in UFC

Don't know about putting them as coaches straight away but signing Perreira is a good insurance policy for the UFC, if they don't have a fight for Israel that's always an easy one to do.

Mas might have something to offer since he would bring ATT. But I get the feeling while he has a wealth of knowledge, he isn't the coaching type personality wise. And as far as Diaz, I can't buy that he's got a good coaching team or coaching ability for modern mma when he is still a horrid wrestler out of choice.

They would both be high level training partners of the type a lot of the fighters on the show would have had. The "coaches" aren't picked for their coaching ability but as a figurehead for the show.

I don't think coaching ability is a consideration at all when determining who the coaches are for TUF.

Back