Next Generation, Frisco?

Lenny7

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What's the vibe like at this gym? I'm looking for a no gi gym after training mostly gi. I'm a blue belt but coming back after a 3 year "break", 2 shoulder surgeries. I'm laid back and I'm not looking for a daily MMA shark tank beatdown. Is it a good place for 40 something hobbiest?

Last edited:
Is next gen in san francisco still open? who teaches there now?

I have tried different schools in SF I prefer Charles Gracie's schools and he has a couple near by. it's t really no gi but if you ask me no gi will have more of an mma type atmosphere than a traditional jiu jitsu school. kind of..

Do you have any desire to do gi?

If no go there. Chris teaches a lot o fkimuras and guillotines along with a lot of wrestling from what I've seen from his dozens of students I've reffed matches for/listening to him. I can see it being fast paced with a lot of young guns but I always see pics of older guys there as well on Facebook. I don't have much more insight then that, but go try out a few classes. I know he's highly skilled just by his results and the # of seminars I see him teaching across the world a lot of weekends.

Is next gen in san francisco still open? who teaches there now?
Frisco, tx. Suburb of Dalllas.

Do you have any desire to do gi?

If no go there. Chris teaches a lot o fkimuras and guillotines along with a lot of wrestling from what I've seen from his dozens of students I've reffed matches for/listening to him. I can see it being fast paced with a lot of young guns but I always see pics of older guys there as well on Facebook. I don't have much more insight then that, but go try out a few classes. I know he's highly skilled just by his results and the # of seminars I see him teaching across the world a lot of weekends.
Thanks for the info. I'm kind of tired of the gi. Thought I would never say this, but I'm kind of agreeing with Bravo about the gi.

Go take a few classes and see if it fits. If you have ANY desire to do gi in the future though you will have to find open mats/other places to do that pretty much.

Back