Next for Ross Pearson

Workaholic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Nice win for him last night thought his boxing looked on point. Still coming off the Swanson loss and there is uncertainty about what weight he will fight at next. Any fights interest anybody? I'd put him against the Guillard Varner winner if he stays at lw or maybe the Brookins Poirier winner at fw? Opinions?

im pretty sure hes staying at 155, your matchup sounds good to me

Nice win for him last night thought his boxing looked on point. Still coming off the Swanson loss and there is uncertainty about what weight he will fight at next. Any fights interest anybody? I'd put him against the Guillard Varner winner if he stays at lw or maybe the Brookins Poirier winner at fw? Opinions?

I think thats a fair shout, the winner of guillard or varner..
i think he has moved himself right up the ladder with the impressive win over g sot...
At least to where he was before swanson...
Im a fan as hes from my side of the pond, but i do think hes a improving fighter too..
good luck to him

winner of varner/guillard would be good. especially like to see him against varner

Pretty sure he'll want no part of Dos Anjos, Guillard/Varner sounds good though.

They are both good fights for him.

Bravo on a good op, its rare around here.

I guess it depends on how quick the turnaround is. I'm sure they'd love it if he took a fight in Feb so they could put him on the London card. John Makdessi might fit there.

If he wants to wait a bit, I think Pearson vs RDA might make some sense.

Big fan of the guy. Looked great against G-Sot. I'd like to see him in there against another mid-tier guy next. He has had a run of win-lose since he won TUF. Like to see him get consistent and fire off a couple more wins before putting him in front of an upper level fighter.

Pearson always impresses me. Seems like the kinda guy that trains hard and loves to fight. His stand-up looked awesome last night and he showed good TDD, sub defense and stayed calm when G-Sot took his back in the 1st. A lot of guys at LW wouldn't survive G-Sot on their back, with 2 hooks without getting chocked out

Ross has been in the UFC for 3 1/2 years(9 fights) and hasn't fought a single wrestler, or even a BJJ guy with better than average takedowns. I'd like to see him fight somebody like Volkmann, RDA or Tibau.

Back