Next for Islam

Probably Leo Santos or Vinc Pichel. UFC doesn't seem to like Islam.

Raging Al.

why did he not accept the Lee fight?

Islam vs Iaquinta

If he's not available then Gillespie

Yea I think there are options. Both these matchups work. Chuck Oliveira works.

Beat any of those guys and it’ll become impossible to deny him a top 8 or so opponent.

Khabib

Are they really friends? Khabib should be moving up to 170 so his best bud can get his shot at gold.. but we know that ain't happening
hell never move up to 170 too many killers (wrestlers at that, i dont like colby cold cuts but i cant deny that he would murder kabob) marty the owl whosman, twood and many more welterweights would give khabib a taste of his own medicine times 1000 mixed in with superior striking

Why did Lee not accept the Makhachev fight?

Lee refused that fight in the past. But for the past 3 weeks he was asking for it and Ali Abidazis played deaf and dumb

Why did Lee not accept the Makhachev fight?

UFC just didn't want to make this matchup imo. I also predict that Islam doesn't get a fight booked before Ramadan. Will lose his spot in the rankings to Dariush, Trinaldo or Haqparast and fight someone like Leo Santos, Mark Madsen or Stevie Ray in September. It's not fair but this appears to be the UFC's attitude towards him.

tenor.gif

UFC just didn't want to make this matchup imo. I also predict that Islam doesn't get a fight booked before Ramadan. Will lose his spot in the rankings to Dariush, Trinaldo or Haqparast and fight someone like Leo Santos, Mark Madsen or Stevie Ray in September. It's not fair but this appears to be the UFC's attitude towards him.

Only rational reason I see for that, is that they don't want to be in a situation where he's a legit contender, and him and khabib refuse to fight each other.

tenor.gif

I know, it was a rhetorical question to @Hirashin because he asked why Islam didn't accept the Lee fight. There needs to be an agreement to accept or duck.

Winner of Diego Ferreira vs Anthony Pettis could make sense for Islam next, maybe after Ramadan.

Then winner of that fight vs winner of Fighter Kevin Lee vs Charles Olivera around end of 2020.

By then Khabib is likely retired or very close to it.

Doubt he gets by the top 5 guys, never been overly impressed with him.

Dustin would be a good test.

Doubt he gets by the top 5 guys, never been overly impressed with him.

Dustin would be a good test.

Dustin is #2 contender ie #3 overall? Your post makes it sound like he's not top 5?

Dustin is #2 contender ie #3 overall? Your post makes it sound like he's not top 5?
No, I just doubt he'll get past any of the top 5, I'm well aware Dustin is top 5.

He should wait out Hooker vs Paul. Obviously he deserves much more, but this is the only option right now. People ducking like the plague.

Back