Next for CM Punk?

I actually think Roxanne would be a fair fight. Someone like Nunes could hurt him standing or easily sub him.

Punk vs Penn in a bare knuckle boxing five rounder.

There are a few older guys out there who only started training at around the age of 40+. Honestly, I'd find him one of those if he plans to have any kind of MMA career (I don't think he does. I think he thought he'd do better than he did and now isn't so sure). It might look embarrassing to see him fight a guy like that (and it should be in a small promotion, not the UFC) but he has to go back to square one if he wants to be a fighter and also realise that Rufus cashed in and sold him out. Otherwise, he's probably just happy to be paid to talk like he is now.

I think throwing Punk in there with the other young guns at Rufus Sport and just expecting him to pick everything up the way a young fighter would was as mistake. Older guys have to train to fight like older guys, which means not going speed for speed with your opponent. Punk obviously had a low ceiling but I think Rufus made it even lower.

I think he'll end up back in WWE. Maybe he'll go to NJPW and have a Jericho-like schedule. Maybe even AEW (though it's more likely WWE pays big money to keep him out of there). I don't think he fights again.

If he has another mma fight it will be vs Logan Paul or some disgraced football player like Ray Rice, in Bellator or something.

I'd back the corpse of Cowboy to be competitive with if not downright beat CM Punk.

I hear you, but I think the wear and tear along with treating Punk like a joke gives Punk the win. A dude's eye socket/cheek bone/nose can only be broken so many times before it's cracked. Cowboy could basically give Punk a free shot because he is a joke. Punk could easily break Cowboy's nose which fucks up vision and breathing. Maybe even get a doctor stoppage. At this point, you don't have to beat Cowboy. You just have to let him beat himself.

Maybe move away from Ruke Dufus and find a real gym that won't coddle him and tell him how great he is despite being unable to throw a punch after 2+ years of training

Give him Penn, CM Punk needs a win

I hear you, but I think the wear and tear along with treating Punk like a joke gives Punk the win. A dude's eye socket/cheek bone/nose can only be broken so many times before it's cracked. Cowboy could basically give Punk a free shot because he is a joke. Punk could easily break Cowboy's nose which fucks up vision and breathing. Maybe even get a doctor stoppage. At this point, you don't have to beat Cowboy. You just have to let him beat himself.
You seen Punks attempts at striking? Not sure he’s got the juice to break anything besides his hands tbh.

tenor.gif

Back