1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Next fights for UFC 227's main card fighters

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by sdpdude9, Aug 6, 2018.

1. sdpdude9

sdpdude9 Green Belt

So here's what I came up with. Note: I don't follow the Women's divisions closely aside from the top 5, so I decided to omit those two. Sorry WMMA fans.

TJ Dillashaw vs. Marlon Moraes

Moraes is red hot and this is a new match up to make at the top of the division. Cruz hasn't fought in some time and he lost his last outing. Assuncao is a contender but it's not a fresh match, so I favor Moraes.

Cody Garbrandt vs. John Lineker
    Been wanting to see this for a while. Should be a barn burner and gives Cody a chance to get back on track or will propel Lineker.

Henry Cejudo vs. Demetrious Johnson
    When you have a dominant champion lose, especially in with it being as close as it was, it's the fight that make sense. However Johnson has some apparent injuries and could be out a while. If so, give the Pettis/Formiga winner a rematch.

Renato Moicano vs. Chad Mendes
    Moicano looks poised to be a top featherweight, while Mendes is looking to regain his top status. Makes sense to match them up to see who is ready for a potential title shot or a number one contender fight.

Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas
    Both guys are former top guys but have been on a skid. A rematch for relevancy makes sense.

Thiago Santos vs. Brad Tavares

Santos deserves the step up and Tavares is a good test. Tavares also looking to bounce back and it seems like a good fight for him as well.

Kevin Holland vs. Randy Brown

Holland is small at middleweight and should drop down. Brown would be a good test for him, and also gives Brown a chance to bounce back.

Jackonfire likes this.