Next fights for UFC 227's main card fighters

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So here's what I came up with. Note: I don't follow the Women's divisions closely aside from the top 5, so I decided to omit those two. Sorry WMMA fans.

TJ Dillashaw vs. Marlon Moraes

Moraes is red hot and this is a new match up to make at the top of the division. Cruz hasn't fought in some time and he lost his last outing. Assuncao is a contender but it's not a fresh match, so I favor Moraes.

Cody Garbrandt vs. John Lineker
Been wanting to see this for a while. Should be a barn burner and gives Cody a chance to get back on track or will propel Lineker.

Henry Cejudo vs. Demetrious Johnson
When you have a dominant champion lose, especially in with it being as close as it was, it's the fight that make sense. However Johnson has some apparent injuries and could be out a while. If so, give the Pettis/Formiga winner a rematch.

Renato Moicano vs. Chad Mendes
Moicano looks poised to be a top featherweight, while Mendes is looking to regain his top status. Makes sense to match them up to see who is ready for a potential title shot or a number one contender fight.

Cub Swanson vs. Ricardo Lamas
Both guys are former top guys but have been on a skid. A rematch for relevancy makes sense.

Thiago Santos vs. Brad Tavares

Santos deserves the step up and Tavares is a good test. Tavares also looking to bounce back and it seems like a good fight for him as well.

Kevin Holland vs. Randy Brown

Holland is small at middleweight and should drop down. Brown would be a good test for him, and also gives Brown a chance to bounce back.

Back