Next fights at LW

Xoleth

You're only winning if someone is losing.
@Black
Reaction score
What I would like to see

Poirier vs Oliveira for the title
Chandler vs Gaethje - for the next title and a JBG fight
Ferg vs McGregor
Hooker vs RDA
Diego Ferreira vs Islam

Strip Khabib

For the LW belt
Michael Chandler
Former Bellator champ, beat #6 LW UFC USA

VS
Charles Oliveira #3 LW Brazil

I think Michael was hit once or twice by Hooker. He should be ready to go ASAP. Not only should he be ready to go right away, he should be willing to go right away. Oliveira deserves a shot at the belt. Been in the UFC for 10 years. Is on an 8 fight winning streak but also important is that 7 of those are finishes.

This fight will also erase the paper belt notion. Both fighters never fought Khabib.

Dustin Poirier #2 LW USA
VS
Winner of Chandler vs Oliveira

Unlike Chandler, Poirier seems to be getting a horseshoe up his butt. Not wanting to fight certain fighters, complaining about payments. He is behaving like a brat champion. Thing is, he isn't even a champion. He says that Chandler doesn't deserve a title shot with him. Someone should remind Dustin he is only on a 2 fight winning streak. He talks as if he is a shoe-in for a title shot next. IMO Dustin has popularity because of the fighters he has fought and not because of himself. Someone should take that horseshoe out of his butt.
Dustin wants to play tough yet again, so he can sit out and wait for the winner of Chandler vs Oliveira.

Conor McGregor #4LW Ireland
VS
Max Holloway #1 FW USA

As I was watching the finish of Conors last fight, I thought to myself," well that is it, he is done". Low and behold, at the post fight conference, he said he had no plans of retiring and wanted to get back in there and compete. Despite his willingness to tap in fights, he has shown to have go mentality when it comes to fighting. An urge to fight.
Max is coming off an
absolute slaughter. Strung his opponent up on hooks and slit his throat. Max stayed there and watched the blood spill into the drain.
The only downside to this fight for the UFC is that one has to lose.................. it could be a draw though wink wink nudge nudge.

Justin Gaethje #1LW USA
VS
Rafael dos Anjos #7LW Brazil

This might seem like the short-straw for Justin and it may very-well be. However, if you think about it more, it could be the best for him.

Justin's number 1 status at LW is incorrect. I don't care who he fought last, he quit in that fight and he quit fast. I understand Justin is an entertaining fighter but if you look at the LW picture, I don't see him beating 5 of the top 7.
He needs to regroup.
What better way to regroup than to face the former LW champion in RDA. The fight would also determine just how poorly Justin's wrestling truly is. Was his wrestling bad because he fought Khabib, or is his wrestling just bad overall.

Tony Ferguson #5LW USA
VS
Al Iaquinta
#10LW USA

Both on 2 fight losing streaks, both in the top 10.

Dan Hooker #6LW New Zealand
VS
Kevin Lee #11LW USA

I don't think Dan retired. He is only 30 years old, he will fight again.

Back