Next fight for Vanderford?

Sam's UFC title reign

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Great win last night. I think he should be rewarded and given a much higher level opponent. Who do you thin he should fight next

Costello Van Steenis, Andrew Kapel, or maybe Taylor Johnson coming up off that slick sub win over Ed Ruth

Costello Van Steenis, Andrew Kapel, or maybe Taylor Johnson coming up off that slick sub win over Ed Ruth
Taylor Johnson has just been dominated by Johnny Eblen. Andrew Kapel would make sense but he would get ragdolled, IMO. Its a shame Bellator doesnt have a lot of depth in the division. Vanderford isnt quiet ready for Mousasi or Tokov but is above evwryone else, IMO, he needs 2 or 3 fights to ger there.

Fabian Edwards
Coming off a loss? van Steenis makes the most sense and it would leave Vanderford at the doorstep of a titleshot...but I dont think he is ready for Tokov of Mousasi. I would prefer him to fight Chris Curtis, just to develop his game a bit more before making a title run but a fight against van Steenis wouldnt bother me at all either.

Coming off a loss? van Steenis makes the most sense and it would leave Vanderford at the doorstep of a titleshot...but I dont think he is ready for Tokov of Mousasi. I would prefer him to fight Chris Curtis, just to develop his game a bit more before making a title run but a fight against van Steenis wouldnt bother me at all either.
Yes I know he's coming off a loss but he should be built step by step. If he beats Fabian then he's ready for the next step

Or they can make Austin vs Murtazaliev or Shipman

Don't really like the Costello fight, if he beats Austin who will he fight? He will never fight Mousasi (they train together). Costello should move up to 205, imo.

Yes I know he's coming off a loss but he should be built step by step. If he beats Fabian then he's ready for the next step

Or they can make Austin vs Murtazaliev or Shipman

Don't really like the Costello fight, if he beats Austin who will he fight? He will never fight Mousasi (they train together). Costello should move up to 205, imo.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Murtazaliev, Edwards, or even the Chris Curtis fight would make sense for me. BTW I think van Steenis is a big MW but not big enough to be successful at LHW.

Taylor Johnson has just been dominated by Johnny Eblen. Andrew Kapel would make sense but he would get ragdolled, IMO. Its a shame Bellator doesnt have a lot of depth in the division. Vanderford isnt quiet ready for Mousasi or Tokov but is above evwryone else, IMO, he needs 2 or 3 fights to ger there.
Dang forgot about the Eblan loss. Eblan then? Lol or perhaps Will Fluery, Charlie Ward or Fábio Aguiar who is 17-1. There is more than enough guys to build him up plus as mentioned last night he is doing a ton of grappling with high level guys in Chaels sub league etc

Dang forgot about the Eblan loss. Eblan then? Lol or perhaps Will Fluery, Charlie Ward or Fábio Aguiar who is 17-1. There is more than enough guys to build him up plus as mentioned last night he is doing a ton of grappling with high level guys in Chaels sub league etc
Fabio Aguiar, Fabian Edwards, van Steenis, Chris Curtis, Mike Shipman would be some logical moves, IMO. Eblen, Rosta, and Vanderford all train together, BTW. IDK if they would ever fight each other.

Vanderford wouldn't fight Johnson both because Johnson is coming off a loss and because before Vanderford moved to ATT in Florida he was in ATT Portland training with Johnson.

Kapel fight, other than that Kapel's hand is broken right now so I don't expect him to fight soon, is also a lateral step for Vanderford because Kapel is not good. Chris Curtis is also a lateral step. Just remember for those UK based guys, we can't travel there right now and vise versa. If they come here, I think they may be able to but it's a one way ticket.

Murtazaliev would be an option but I don't think the travel restrictions allow it. I think the same is true for Aguiar. The Dutch are an option because we can travel there and vise versa. Van Steenis could be a good fight to make but you'd have to be cognizant of the fact as bellator that one likely would derail the other's hype train.

man that div is awful.

With the state of that div he could go in next and fight a Van Steenis or Tokov and probably win and get a title shot.

Curtis honestly wouldn't be a bad fight, they can probably get it done quickly too seeing as it was only a covid issue and Austin didn't take any damage.

Curtis is a bit of a meme due to his constant retirements, but he'd be the best guy Austin has fought.

Anybody who can wrestle. Wanna see this guy get tested.

Back