Next 2 free cards are better than the PPV

Polish Punisher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Seriously anyone who pays $60 to watch Silva vs Diaz is an asshole. This card is horrible.

And after the puzzling announcement that Silva will get a title shot with a win over a guy who isnt even ranked at 185, I hope he wins to I can watch Weidman KO him again.

Which is sad because I want to be able to cheer for the guy after coming back from such a horrible injury but its both absurd and unethical for Silva to jump the line ahead of Jacare or Rockhold when he has lost twice to the champ and both fights were blow outs.

Its not like either of the fights were even competitive.

Nothing new, really. The free cards were the better cards last year.

Agree the next two cards are great for free. However if $60 for an Anderson Silva fight has you in an uproar, dude you don't belong. If you really are Polish it's like 38 Euros anyway and actually you can watch it free as well.

Yeah go look at that 183 card again, legit one of the deepest cards ever. Plus if you can't get amped for Silva and Diaz? Even if yes Anderson is the favorite. You just ain't about this life.

Agree the next two cards are great for free. However if $60 for an Anderson Silva fight has you in an uproar, dude you don't belong. If you really are Polish it's like 38 Euros anyway and actually you can watch it free as well.

Im American, if you are actually going to pay $60 for an inferior product, your the one who doesnt belong.

But Dana White will gladly take your money.

I was a fan when you were in diapers.

Yeah go look at that 183 card again, legit one of the deepest cards ever. Plus if you can't get amped for Silva and Diaz? Even if yes Anderson is the favorite. You just ain't about this life.

Really? SIlva and Diaz are 2 guys who are completely past their prime and not top 5 at 185.

This match up should be a supporting bout on a card with an actual main event.

What has Diaz done in the last 12 months? What has he ever done in the UFC at 185?

Silva is the former champ and has that going for him, except he is 40 yrs old and is coming off a horrific injury.

The Connor/Siver card is not stacked. Aside from that and co-main its an average FS1 card.

183 got some depth for sure

now sherdog is complaining that the free cards are too stacked?

you can never win.

This Boston card is so sick man, Cerrone vs Bendo could easily headline another fight night. Love this card.

Besides Benson-Cerrone, there are no good competitive fights on the next free card and the one after that has Davis-Bader, Sicilia-Corassani, and Hendo-Mousasi on it. Alves-Mein, Iaquinta-Lauzon, and Gastelum-Woodley are way better fights imo.

The Boston card isn't THAT sick imo, neither is Fox 14. Particularly Fox 14, there's been better Fox cards.

UFC 183 isn't half as cheesy as it might seem, some very decent fights all night even from the prelims but I wouldn't pay 60 bucks for it. Didn't buy a single PPV in entire 2014.

UFC 183 is sick.

Dana, is that you?

Lets look at the the main card:

Silva vs Diaz: neither fighter is a legit contender at 185, even with Silva being the former champ. He should have to prove himself by winning and then and at the bare minimum beat a top 5 MW before getting a title shot. Diaz isnt even ranked.

Woodley vs Gastulum: Woodley has gone as far as he is gonna go at 170. He isnt a serious contender. He is a top 5-8 fighter in his division. Gastulum has potential but is still a work in progress.

Lauzon vs Iaquinta: Niether guy is a contender. Both guys are tough, journeyman type fighters.

Leites vs Boetsch: Leites is past his prime, Boetsche is another journeyman/gatekeeper fighter.

Mein vs Alves: Alves is another guy who has his shot and isnt getting any better, Mein has potential due to his age but has a ton of fights and its hard to say how much better a guy 38 fights is gonna get

Sorry but Im not impressed by this card's performance.

This. Anyone who bitches about 183 is a fucking doucher.

I always think the FOX cards are more stacked from top to bottom than the PPVs even if this next one is a weaker one.

183 is some hot garbage, they are banking on the ME getting a lot of attention. Squash match between the MW GOAT and a WW coming off 2 losses.

now sherdog is complaining that the free cards are too stacked?

you can never win.

Not complaining about the free cards, reading comprehension son.

I making the point that when you had the Jones/Cormier PPV, plus 2 great free cards all in the month of January why would someone pay $60 for this PPV which is the worst of the 4 events?

This whole month is pretty epic, gunna be very hard to top in 2015.

Agree that the next two free cards are awesome but 183 is a really deep and awesome card, and it's asinine to claim otherwise.

Good thing I'm attending two of them :D

Back