news anchor becomes a hero

I wonder why there aren't several smaller women orbiting around her. She must have ceased being a planet and morphed into a black hole.

only america would turn a fat mess into a hero for being a fat mess.

Just had a debate about this with my girl. Our conclusion is that though the woman shouldn't be a role model simply because she's fat, in the end her message won't matter because no kid in their right mind would look at her and say "hmmm...that's what I want to look like when I grow up!"

LOL whats next? Perhaps they should start adding crackhead news anchors as well?

I can't believe this. She IS a public personality who may be a role model to young people. Everything the guy said was true and NOT mean spirited. He stated 2 facts: 1) she is fat and 2) she IS a bad role model when it comes to HEALTH.

He wasn't even trying to put her on blast, he sent her a letter and THEY CHOSE to broadcast it. Finally, this stupid bitch went on to say that she didn't promote her diet and physical activity level. Listen idiot, just because you don't explicitly say shit doesn't mean little girls who don't know better won't follow you. Models don't go, "Hey you should all look like me", but little girls who don't know any better may still try to be like that because you're in the public eye.

This isn't bullying! He stated the truth in a letter to her, it's not like he parked his car in front of the tv studio, got out a megaphone, and said it aloud to everyone. He isn't contributing to a problem in our country, if anyone is, it's her. There's a fucking obesity EPIDEMIC in the United States, and this bitch is saying he's a bully because he refused to conform to the bullshit "love your body even though it leads to health problems" flawed mentality prevalent in our culture.

You can be fat all you want bitch, I don't even have a serious issue with you being fat as a news anchor. But I DO have a big issue with your indignance at this guy and PUTTING HIM ON BLAST. I read this guy gets a whole bunch of hate now, it's fucked up and retarded.

I can't believe this. She IS a public personality who may be a role model to young people. Everything the guy said was true and NOT mean spirited. He stated 2 facts: 1) she is fat and 2) she IS a bad role model when it comes to HEALTH.

He wasn't even trying to put her on blast, he sent her a letter and THEY CHOSE to broadcast it. Finally, this stupid bitch went on to say that she didn't promote her diet and physical activity level. Listen idiot, just because you don't explicitly say shit doesn't mean little girls who don't know better won't follow you. Models don't go, "Hey you should all look like me", but little girls who don't know any better may still try to be like that because you're in the public eye.

This isn't bullying! He stated the truth in a letter to her, it's not like he parked his car in front of the tv studio, got out a megaphone, and said it aloud to everyone. He isn't contributing to a problem in our country, if anyone is, it's her. There's a fucking obesity EPIDEMIC in the United States, and this bitch is saying he's a bully because he refused to conform to the bullshit "love your body even though it leads to health problems" flawed mentality prevalent in our culture.

You can be fat all you want bitch, I don't even have a serious issue with you being fat as a news anchor. But I DO have a big issue with your indignance at this guy and PUTTING HIM ON BLAST. I read this guy gets a whole bunch of hate now, it's fucked up and retarded.

don't be a fattist

Which of these heroes is not like the others?

vietnam vets who rescued
POWs?

9/11 responders who died when the towers fell?

Fat chick who stands up for herself on tv about being fat chick.

It was a prick letter to send for sure, but it touches on a valid point. As a society, we openly frown upon smoking, drinking to excess, drinking and driving, etc, yet none of those kill as many people as obesity does. If we won't let a newscaster smoke on TV because of the message it would portray, why allow an obese newscaster on TV?

i think the biggest reason why overeating isn't as looked down upon, is because it doesn't affect your mind the way smoking (weed, anyway), drinking, and other recreational drugs do.

but i agree with you. people who overeat are just as guilty of hurting their bodies.

Yeah, I completely agree with you, but it's a touchy subject. I'm pretty sure overweight and obese people make up close to 70% of the American population. By 2030, more than half of Americans are expected to be obese. So the fact that people get their backs up so easily isn't surprising. But at some point you have to take the little kid gloves off and tell it like it is. Nothing causes more deaths in the States. It costs the healthcare system well over $100B a year. And it's all preventable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back