Newell shelved for six months due to WSOF stalemate over negotiations.

1% chance WSOF is still around by the end of 2015.

Would like to see him in Bellator.

Would be best fit for him, he could beat the lower guys and maybe give some of the better LW in Bellator a tough fight. Guys like Pitbull, Jansen, Held.

My guess it also has to do with his last performance and him moving forward fighting in main event or co main event spots.

Honestly if you were just flipping through channels and saw the beat down Newell got and see he has one hand it just doesn't sit right in the mind. I felt bad for the guy in that fight(not to mention questioning what I was watching is right) and I like watching him fight. But he is the one usually laying the beating.

I think behind the scenes there might be some ethics being considered.

Those are cheap tactics. "Let me build you up from the bottom doing you a favor, but you'll get less money in turn for my favor". What's with these MMA managers being so damn shady?

Those are cheap tactics. "Let me build you up from the bottom doing you a favor, but you'll get less money in turn for my favor". What's with these MMA managers being so damn shady?

Pretty ridiculous. A lot of MMA fans probably agree on WSOF being a shady promotion with all the fighter pay / lack of scheduling controversies over the past year, year and a half. It's been quite a few now, starting with Jacob Volkman if I'm not mistaken.

It is absolutely insane how quickly Ali killed all fan support for WSOF and pretty much killed them after their great buzz when they started. As soon as he publicly came into the picture it all went downhill.

This really does seem to be the case.

And why would you pay Newell less to come out and put a beating on some lower level guys? They aren't pushing those guys, they should be pushing Nick pretty hard. Good fighter, good image, GREAT story behind him. He could be (I think he already is) one of their tippy top draws but they want to pay him less??? Wtf! Give him some cans to crush, protect the guy, and when JG loses his title or moves on give him another crack @ the belt. I don't think him losing another title fight wwill wreck his careerhis only loss is that title fight and having him lose to another champ or losing to the champ again isn't something to hang your head in shame about.
He could be the Faber of WSOF.

My guess it also has to do with his last performance and him moving forward fighting in main event or co main event spots.

Honestly if you were just flipping through channels and saw the beat down Newell got and see he has one hand it just doesn't sit right in the mind. I felt bad for the guy in that fight(not to mention questioning what I was watching is right) and I like watching him fight. But he is the one usually laying the beating.

I think behind the scenes there might be some ethics being considered.

I couldn't agree more about the whole morality thing with him and it's pretty sad. The beating he took deon JG was hard to stomach and that is saying alot if a mma fan has a hard time with simply watching one fight.

On a side note does anyone elgar think it's kind of unfair he doesn't have to put some sort of glove on his stump? I know it's not really do-able but he basically has a bare knuckle I would think. I wonder what that feels like getting hit by that. I would lose my shit if he got a clean ko with it!!!

Not sure about how I feel about Newell when he leaves WSOF. UFC won't sign him, and if Bellator does, he's gonna get picked apart by their LWs. No way he beats Brooks, Jansen, Held, Chandler or Sarnavsky. Maybe not even Pitbull. I hate to say it, but Newell has prob hit his ceiling.

I couldn't agree more about the whole morality thing with him and it's pretty sad. The beating he took deon JG was hard to stomach and that is saying alot if a mma fan has a hard time with simply watching one fight.

On a side note does anyone elgar think it's kind of unfair he doesn't have to put some sort of glove on his stump? I know it's not really do-able but he basically has a bare knuckle I would think. I wonder what that feels like getting hit by that. I would lose my shit if he got a clean ko with it!!!

As they say gloves are more for protecting a fighters hands than cushioning a punch

Not sure about how I feel about Newell when he leaves WSOF. UFC won't sign him, and if Bellator does, he's gonna get picked apart by their LWs. No way he beats Brooks, Jansen, Held, Chandler or Sarnavsky. Maybe not even Pitbull. I hate to say it, but Newell has prob hit his ceiling.

They signed Punk............

They signed Punk............

What's your point? CM Punk is a "draw." Newell isn't. Newell most likely won't find a home in UFC or Bellator. I think the farthest he'll go is being a main carder for Titan.

Nick's stump doesn't need padding.

If it did, all fighters should be wearing elbow pads.

As they say gloves are more for protecting a fighters hands than cushioning a punch

Mind...blown! That's pretty common knowledge dude.

I think an elbow with some sort of padding isn't as likely to cause cuts. Maybe that better illustrates my point?

Mind...blown! That's pretty common knowledge dude.

I think an elbow with some sort of padding isn't as likely to cause cuts. Maybe that better illustrates my point?

Except that people don't use pads on their elbows in MMA. So no you really don't have a point.

I normally side with orgs because I know fighters can be supreme divas sometimes, but wow, that is some BS from Abdul, and he had the nerve to go on record and say that shit. At the very least, honor his current contract and pay him the same or a comparable amount.

Except that people don't use pads on their elbows in MMA. So no you really don't have a point.

What would you compare his stump to? A fist with no glove or an elbow maybe? It falls into a weird no man's land.
When he hit JG with it I remember Justin having this "wtf?" reaction. That's something you can't train for...getting hit in the face with a stump lol.

Back