Newell shelved for six months due to WSOF stalemate over negotiations.

PIT FIGHTER

YAMMA Pit Fighter
@Silver
Reaction score
Ali wants to "build Nick up again" by making him fight from the bottom-up, and therefore, he shouldn't be getting paid as much money as he was making before if he signs a new contract.

Despite the fact that Nick is easily one of the best in their LW division.

Ali-Abdel-AzizPNG.png

It's Abdel-Aziz's desire to get Newell some wins under his belt for another push to the top of the card. But if Newell isn't going to be fighting top guys in headline fights for WSOF, Abdel-Aziz doesn't want to give Newell as much money as his management is asking.

"If I match him up to rebuild him, most likely I'm going to give him a good fight," Abdel-Aziz said. "He'll have a chance to win. It has to make business sense for both of us. If I was his management, you've gotta be smart. I would get Nick Newell to three wins or two wins and after that, he'll start making his money back again.

"To fight for more money, you've gotta fight top guys. You can't fight lower-tier guys. You have to have a strategy to build your brand back up."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/9...different-visions-of-the-fighters-future-with

Don't worry Nick, WSOF won't even be around in six months.

If I'm NIck I say fuck it, I'm not signing shit, I'll take the last fight or wait out the remaining contract time and be a free agent.

Then Bellator should sign him.

Doesnt matter who he fights he'll still be atleast co-main so he should still be making co-main or main event money.

What an asshole. The guy isn't requesting bottom level fights and should not be paid as such. He is also one of the few noteable guys in the entire company.

He's got a better shot waiting out to sign with Titan orr Bellator. He's not beating Gaethje anyways.

I bet if he's released, Titan will sign him

Newell wont sign with Titan I dont think, he wants to be in UFC/Bellator, doubt UFC signs him so Bellator is where he should/likely will end up.

Basically he's treating the one armed guy different is what this seems like to me. Dude fought for the belt, give him a higher level guy. Doing him no favors making him fight low level guys he will beat.

WSoF struggling. They just tried to do too much too quick and now they are dying cause of it. All the shit they have done to people, hope it comes back around.

It is absolutely insane how quickly Ali killed all fan support for WSOF and pretty much killed them after their great buzz when they started. As soon as he publicly came into the picture it all went downhill.

Aaa is just something else, correct me if im wrong but what i read was, "we are going to give you lower tier guys to beat and get built back up, but you wont get paid as much because you are not fighting top guys."

Did newell even ask for that?

Not sure I like Ali at all. WSOF has def took a hit lately, there was a good bit of buzz for quite a while surrounding WSOF aswell.

I want WSOF to just die already so UFC/Bellator can pick up their talent.

Aaa is just something else, correct me if im wrong but what i read was, "we are going to give you lower tier guys to beat and get built back up, but you wont get paid as much because you are not fighting top guys."

Did newell even ask for that?

That's pretty much the gist of it. Ali is trying to claim he's protecting Nick by not playing "games" with him, even though that is exactly what he's doing.

"He's an expensive guy," Abdel-Aziz said. "And to be honest with you, I want to give him a fight to get back on track and normally when you have one fight left on your contract, a promoter gives you a fight you can lose. I don't want to play this game with Nick."

The article notes that Newell wanted to fight someone like JZ.

Ali is more of a sport killer than Greg Jackson.

want to see him against high level grapplers. would love onefc to sign him. soccer kicks and knees to the head oh my

What an asshole. The guy isn't requesting bottom level fights and should not be paid as such. He is also one of the few noteable guys in the entire company.

This is not the first time WSOF have been offering fighters much less than what they've been paid.

Newell wont sign with Titan I dont think, he wants to be in UFC/Bellator, doubt UFC signs him so Bellator is where he should/likely will end up.

Fair or not, UFC will never sign him so I hope Bellator can pick him up and he can have a decent career there.

There are two sides to every story. I wonder what it is? Ah, never mind. I don't care.

Back