Newbie on chokes.

MEK

White Belt
Reaction score
hey guys ive been doing a bit BJJ (once/twice a week ish) for about a few months now, and this just came to me the a few days ago and i was a bit worried. When somebody chokes me i felt like the blood vessels in my head were gonna pop. I understand that this is normal as it puts a lotta pressure there but should i be worried about it?

You're head can actually explode if the choke it too tight. JK...it's normal. Learn to be a good tapper. If you get caught in a choke that tight you're going to pass out in a few seconds.

You're head can actually explode if the choke it too tight. JK...it's normal. Learn to be a good tapper. If you get caught in a choke that tight you're going to pass out in a few seconds.

lol hah

i look at it when iam rolling in training if someone sinks in a tight choke i tap right away, annaliaze what happened, then reset and rool some more.

thanks guys, i usually tap to it right away its just sometimes when im trying to tell a new guy how to get his chokes tighter and stuff

You can usually tell when a guy has a choke locked in and your not getting out. If hes doing it wrong, and just cranking your neck, you shouldn't tap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back