Newbie looking to GAIN 15-20 lbs, can anyone help me?

joey roastbeef said:
Is an anti oxidant the same or similar to the green formula stuff. i dont always eat my vegtables but i take anti oxidants. Also, would eating 5-6 meals opposed to 3 larger meals boost your metabolism, burn more calories, and cause you to lose weight?

anti-oxidants are a very broad category encompassing vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbs, and veggies..

and i would suggest eating 3 moderately large meals a day with 2 or so protein shakes inbetween..

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
you know what...there isnt a specific reason why i dont eat veggies...now that i think of it

ive just never ate them, never was forced to

i wish my parents had been strict on me with that stuff

sidenote: how long does it take if i order something online from these sites you guys are plugging? around how long?

cause i need to get at this stuff ASAP...no time like the present

and im not concerned with quitting...ive always had a never give up attitude...thats prob what got me in so much trouble as a young fellow

not too mention im quitting smoking so i can become healthy again...so there will be no QUITTING my weight training or diet

Guys i cant thank ya`ll enough, youve been very helpful

off the websites u get them in 1 week.. or 6 days.. (if u order late friday nite.. it won't be shipped til the following monday) and u can select next day air mail but that's a little pricey.. vitacost is very FAST! usually ships the next day or if u order early in the morning they usually have it shipped by the afternoon.. and they give u a tracking # to track ur order cross-country and where ur package is "right now"...

puritan's pride's FAQ says they don't give u a tracking #.. but i got the email with my tracking # in it the day before my package arrived.. (which was a week later)..

for the essentials that u need "right now"... i suggest going to ur local "The Vitamin Shoppe" (they got club rewards program).. however Puritan's Pride products are only available off their site and the NSI brand is only available off of vitacost's site.. i highly recommend PP's Green Source multi-vitamin (i use the Iron-free green source bcuz i'm a little worried about iron overdose :D )

o yeh.. forgot to mention that Henry's (Sprout's) has a pretty good selection of vitamins and green powders.. not so sure about price though... but u could check there as well.. :wink:

supersudo said:
anti-oxidants are a very broad category encompassing vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbs, and veggies..

and i would suggest eating 3 moderately large meals a day with 2 or so protein shakes inbetween..

i take fish oil and anti oxidants. Can you take the green powder with that stuff? Or would it be better to cut out the anti oxidant and take a multi vitamin and the green powder?

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
HAHAHA

i guess i shoulda clarified

15lbs of muscle

can you help aswell?

Eat your carbs and especially when you are eating protein.

I aint a diet expert though.

hey joey...whats your routine and diet looking like?

whats your dimensions? how tall and weight?

what are you traing to accomplish?

im just curious from 1 newb to another

does anyone know where i can go to get a set diet for my body type?

would i need to see a diet doc or something?

cause looking at those charts is doing me no good at all...its like reading another language ive never seen before

so its becoming very hard to figure out what my daily foods should be on a regular basis...

Thanks to all who have kept this thread alive with valuable information

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
hey joey...whats your routine and diet looking like?

whats your dimensions? how tall and weight?

what are you traing to accomplish?

im just curious from 1 newb to another

i'm in the same boat you are. i'm about 5'9 165. I need to gain about 10-15 but i cant. Right now i only eat 3 meals a day plus the antioxidants, fish oil, no protein supplements of any kind. i'm tryin to figure out how much i need to eat to gain too.

well lets work together and put this thread full of information to use

im trying to gain 15-20...im just starting my clean diet, and im buying supps for various things as soon as i get it all figured out

we`ll keep in touch

what type of workout routine ae you doing?

what type of weights , excersies , reps and so on?

im like a sponge...trying to absorb anything bit of information i can find

joey roastbeef said:
i take fish oil and anti oxidants. Can you take the green powder with that stuff? Or would it be better to cut out the anti oxidant and take a multi vitamin and the green powder?

it's actually BETTER to take those all together because they work "synergistically" with one another.. (good separately, but better together... think: 1+1=3)

and for chutebox.. it's hard to recommend a specific diet for any individual bcuz we all have different physiologies, environmental circumstances, maybe even genetic backgrounds.. so we can only give u simple guidelines and ideas..

whole grain breads, brown rice, pastas... chicken, tuna, salmon.. personally, i'd limit red meat..

also another tip.. i'd buy enzyme supplements to help digestion... carbs and other starches don't "mix" well with proteins which puts added stress on digestion (like it takes 4-5hrs to digest together.. but only 1 hour if digested separately)... so recently i've started eating my rice and veggies first.. and my salmon or chicken last.. it's easier to digest that way and u can eat more through out the day because of speedy digestion... a good cheap enzyme supplement is "the vitamin shoppe" brand 'multi-enzyme' 300caps for $18 get it at ur local vitamin shoppe..

the general consensus on protein powders is that ON (optimum nutrition) brand 100% whey protein is the best... sidenote: lotsa protein intake can slow ur bowels (=constipation) which is why u need the natural fiber powder :wink: Costco has psyllium husk powder 2lbs for $5.. but the best formula is "Super Seed" from Garden of Life..

Supersudo your just a ball of useful info man

so will i be taking all these supps and vitamins daily?

or is this only on days im working out?

those questions go for vitamins and the whey gain

ChUtEBoXWaNnAbE said:
Supersudo your just a ball of useful info man

so will i be taking all these supps and vitamins daily?

or is this only on days im working out?

those questions go for vitamins and the whey gain

daily.. with 1 "extra" protein shake immediately post-workout

Definately take a vitamin every day. Vitamins are either fat soluble (vitamins A, D, E, K) or water soluble (all others). This means that the only vitamins that are actually stored in your body are A,D,E,K. All other vitamins are washed out of your body when you go to the bathroom. This means you can take 1000mg of vitamin C and you think you are doing good for yourself, but the first time you take a piss, all 1000 grams leave your body. This is why you have to either take time released vitamins, or continually pop them throughout the day. I cant stress enough how imortant it is to take a multi vitamin... and of course quitting smoking is even more important. If youre trying to build muscle, eat tons of protien, because thats what muscle is made of. Definately eat a lot of tuna because it not only has tons of protien (i think about 45-50 grams per can) but it has your omega fatty acids as well. Also, taking supplemantary amino acids is helpful because amino acids are what protien is made of. Aminos>protien>muscle.

Back