newbie in NW Indiana seeking gym and or training partner

buttski

White Belt
Reaction score
i am just entering the world of BJJ and my friends are all pussies, and have no interest in training.
I am looking for anyone interested in training here in northwest indiana, or if anyone knows of a gym to train in this area..... either one would be greatly appreciated
thankyou

YEah sorry to jump onto your thread but people create too many unnecessary threads so i figured i'd just jump into yours...if anyone knows of a real good MMA gym or a good BJJ gym in indianapolis please PM me and let me know

Greg Eldred's school in Indianapolis is good, as is Team Mario Roberto (www.ibjja.com). I'm not really sure how close "NW Indiana" is to Indianapolis, but at least I got NJCarder's question . . . By the way NJCarder, check out my response to your post on the "New Brown Belt" topic.

i appreciate the effort shazaam and barra but indy is about 3 hours away from me but thankyou anyways

Sorry dude. I just don't know much about that part of the state.

Hands down the best in Indiana, Marcello Montiero 3rd BB under De La Riva.

www.bjjcoach.com

Address to school is wrong as he just moved and opened a new place, and also opened a second no-gi place.

He is also cheaper than the other two places, even going 8x a week.

Email or call him from the link and he will get back to you fast.

Didnt notice you were that far...sorry. Are you near Crawfordsville? One of Marcello's blue belts run some night classes there. If interested I can get you the contact info.

grapplefish said:
Hands down the best in Indiana, Marcello Montiero 3rd BB under De La Riva.

www.bjjcoach.com

Address to school is wrong as he just moved and opened a new place, and also opened a second no-gi place.

He is also cheaper than the other two places, even going 8x a week.

Email or call him from the link and he will get back to you fast.

Actually, Jack McVicker is the best BJJ guy in Indiana. www.jackmcvicker.com

There was just a thread about this a few days ago. Somebody posted about 15 BJJ places all over Indiana & who the instructors were. I'm sure its still around.

buttski said:
i am just entering the world of BJJ and my friends are all pussies, and have no interest in training.
I am looking for anyone interested in training here in northwest indiana, or if anyone knows of a gym to train in this area..... either one would be greatly appreciated
thankyou
If you want BJJ, Corral's Martial Arts in Schererrville. Don't know the # off hand , pm me if you want more info.

NJCarder said:
YEah sorry to jump onto your thread but people create too many unnecessary threads so i figured i'd just jump into yours...if anyone knows of a real good MMA gym or a good BJJ gym in indianapolis please PM me and let me know
www.bjjcoach.com Marcello is a great teacher, under De La Riva.

buttski said:
thankyou

dont listen to these guys, clingerman's is the only way to go...montiero is an closeminded asshole who barely speaks english, uses outdated techniques, gi only, and shows unbelievable favoritism to a 1 or 2 chosen students, plus he sells FAKE GI's , hes a snake, not only does he NOT believe in mma classes or no-gi training, he is a jerk...i used to go there for over a year and after my first trial class at ibjja i quit his dump

james clingerman www.ibjja.com

Hey Mr. 3 posts ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The post was about NW Indiana, not Greenwood. I also don't know how " barely talks English" has anything to do with training. Helio barely talks English, you wouldn't want to learn from him?

marcello's english is pretty good actually, and his techniques are incredible... you must be trippin.... doesnt believe in mma classes? your crazy... Miguel Torres was his student before he left to carlson, and monteiro fought mma and won in indiana... i think u just frustrated because he didnt baby you.. its up to you to ask questions....

fozzit said:
marcello's english is pretty good actually, and his techniques are incredible... you must be trippin.... doesnt believe in mma classes? your crazy... Miguel Torres was his student before he left to carlson, and monteiro fought mma and won in indiana... i think u just frustrated because he didnt baby you.. its up to you to ask questions....

buahahahahahha, whatta joke

wow, it's one thing to give your opinion on someones instruction and its another thing to call them out personally on a bunch of random bs.

whatever

titortizisdaman said:
buahahahahahha, whatta joke
wow 50 something posts in a couple day's. Remember, you can have 300 posts your 1st month, and YOU"RE STILL A NOOOOOB!!!!!!!!!!

titortizisdaman said:
dont listen to these guys, clingerman's is the only way to go...montiero is an closeminded asshole who barely speaks english, uses outdated techniques, gi only, and shows unbelievable favoritism to a 1 or 2 chosen students, plus he sells FAKE GI's , hes a snake, not only does he NOT believe in mma classes or no-gi training, he is a jerk...i used to go there for over a year and after my first trial class at ibjja i quit his dump

james clingerman www.ibjja.com

WHo is this?

Marcello Montiero is the best instructor in Indy HANDS Down. He is the nicest guy there is. Is the most qualified by far. Why do you hate him?

Back