newbie in fayetteville arkansas

lmmalone

White Belt
Reaction score
i finally have a shedule and finances that will allow me to start training. its something that i've been wanting to do for a while. i've read all the instructional threads but i'm still not sure where to start, and with no background besides reading and watching, i have no idea how to use what i've read or watched.

i know that first i need to find a gym. i've used the search and had no luck. is there any one here who knows a gym or is actually training out of the northwest arkansas area, near springdale or fayetteville? i've hit google and not had much luck.

also, if there's a thread for newbies then i must have missed it. i've had no luck with the search on here. i just need some guidance and the majority of the people here seem to have a good grasp on whats up.

help me if you can, and please be gentle. there's no need to torch

thanks

You looking for MMA, muay thai, or boxing? If you're looking for boxing, look here Arkansas Boxing Gyms and Boxing Clubs

Sorry you live in arkansas though. That place is desolate. No trace of civilization. lol just joking. Kinda. If you're lucky maybe you can find where Jermaine Taylor trains.

i'm looking for any or all of those. also some grappling would be good. thanks for that link

no joke, arkansas blows. trust me, i'm not here by choice. i still have all my teeth and i've never done a cousin so i dont really fit in. i'm headin back to texas as soon as i get a chance

jermaine taylor, eh? i'll check into it

i'm looking for any or all of those. also some grappling would be good. thanks for that link

no joke, arkansas blows. trust me, i'm not here by choice. i still have all my teeth and i've never done a cousin so i dont really fit in. i'm headin back to texas as soon as i get a chance

jermaine taylor, eh? i'll check into it

Arkansas is God's country. But I suppose it's not for everybody. Fayetteville is a fun town though, I love it here. When you're done with dogging my fellow Arkansans, you might consider hitting the yellow pages. There are a number of martial arts gyms, including a Jiu-Jitsu gym that I've heard good things about. Also, there is a boxing gym in Rogers that is within driving distance. Not sure if it's good or not, but it's really the only one around.

I live in the Fayetteville area as well, by Durham. There isn't much here. I trained with Machado in Dallas, some coming here it's a wasteland. But I hate the city, so that's the trade off.

Your best bet is Bloodline grappling or something like that, up in Rogers. That's about the only MMA training I know of. There's a judo school in Springdale, but not MMA. I didn't care for McFaddens or whatever it's called, training wasn't very good.

Rogers is too far for me to drive, about an hour away. If you find anything in Fayetteville, let me know, I'd like to get back into training.

thats pretty weird, i'm actually from the dfw myself!

and i've found a place that i'm gonna check out when i get back at the end of the summer. Its TCB something, i cant remember, but its about half an hour from the u of a campus in the fay. down 540 near the promonade i believe. PM me and i can give you the owners number. i've talked to the guy, aaron kimble and i really liked what he had to say. Also, he told me that the combined record for the fighters from their gym (and i might have misunderstood him) for the year is 97-6 or something like that. dont quote me. they have a new facility and train boxing, muay thai and bjj. maybe some others. sounds legit, and i'm excited to try it out

Inferno Mixed Martial Arts just opened in Bentonville,

6000 feet, 3000 is mats, new cage, lots of thai bags, padded walls, all about mma

infernomma.com

Back