New Yorkers NY Sanda

MT at NYJJ is it expensive...I mean The Wat type expensive?

For the caliber of instructor, cleanliness and quality of facility and amount of classes offered it an amazing value in nyc. for unlimited Muay Thai its 180/month and you get discounts if you bring friends. They offer a free class so check it out. Nothing to lose.

For the caliber of instructor, cleanliness and quality of facility and amount of classes offered it an amazing value in nyc. for unlimited Muay Thai its 180/month and you get discounts if you bring friends. They offer a free class so check it out. Nothing to lose.

Wow......I know Coban is MT great and all but 180 a month is just rediculous. It just killed my hopes of signing up for his class.

Last edited:
Wow......I know Conan is MT great and all but 180 a month is just rediculous. It just killed my hopes of signing up for his class.

If Conan the Barbarian is teaching the classes, it's worth the price.

war CONAN vs Michael Crocop

Wow......I know Coban is MT great and all but 180 a month is just rediculous. It just killed my hopes of signing up for his class.

I understand man, ya gotta do what works for you. If that's your only concern the people there are very willing to work with you, their not the kind of people who want to stand in the way of someone truly passionate about training. I have a few friends on staff maybe I can put in a word for you? If you are really serious let me know, I'm willin to help. Good luck!

I understand man, ya gotta do what works for you. If that's your only concern the people there are very willing to work with you, their not the kind of people who want to stand in the way of someone truly passionate about training. I have a few friends on staff maybe I can put in a word for you? If you are really serious let me know, I'm willin to help. Good luck!

Thats pretty cool. I've always wanted to train at NyJJ for their Muay Thai. I'm thinking about signing up in October when I start school.

Thats pretty cool. I've always wanted to train at NyJJ for their Muay Thai. I'm thinking about signing up in October when I start school.

Well let me know, its a great school and I'm willin to help you become a part of it.

I know Coban is going to be teaching at Daddis Fight Camps in Philly for like 2 days a week. Does anyone know if he's planning to leave NYJJ?

I have no idea what thew prices are, but I think this gym is fairly new, so the prices may be lower.

Mushin Mixed Martial Arts NYC

Seans Hinds (WKA USA) teaches the "kickboxing" class. (according to their site "This class covers stand-up/striking styles which include Muay Thai, boxing and karate. You will learn punching, kicking, kneeing, elbowing, as well as body movement, blocking, parrying, etc."). Sean Hinds is an awesome Muay Thai fighter, one of the best pros on this side of country. He's a product of The Wat, tho Aziz Nabih from Sitan cornered him in has fight, so in addition to being a great fighter, he's also trained with Phil Nurse and Aziz - the most popular and the best instructor in city, respectively.

I know Coban is going to be teaching at Daddis Fight Camps in Philly for like 2 days a week. Does anyone know if he's planning to leave NYJJ?

I have no idea what thew prices are, but I think this gym is fairly new, so the prices may be lower.

Mushin Mixed Martial Arts NYC

Seans Hinds (WKA USA) teaches the "kickboxing" class. (according to their site "This class covers stand-up/striking styles which include Muay Thai, boxing and karate. You will learn punching, kicking, kneeing, elbowing, as well as body movement, blocking, parrying, etc."). Sean Hinds is an awesome Muay Thai fighter, one of the best pros on this side of country. He's a product of The Wat, tho Aziz Nabih from Sitan cornered him in has fight, so in addition to being a great fighter, he's also trained with Phil Nurse and Aziz - the most popular and the best instructor in city, respectively.

Coban teaches at NYJJ all classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thurs and is in Philly on Tuesdays and Fridays. As far as I know this is his set schedule or at least thats what he said.

It's a new gym started by one of the female instructors at Five Points (Kru Natalie Fuz.) Looks like she's drawn a lot of female practitioners. Doesn't hurt to check the place out if the price is right. If it turns out to be a vaginafest, head to Evolution or even Ronin Athletics, which isn't a purely Muay Thai place but back when I went there they had a decent muay thai coach but mostly focused on BJJ.

Vag-fest or not I'd stay away from this gym. Nat Fuz entered a girl in the WKA's tournament who should not have been in the ring. Not knocking her for losing, but to let a fighter that could barely keep her balance while throwing a cross enter a tournament (possibly 3 fights in one day) is dangerous. I was really excited about the female kru opening a gym but I've never seen a fighter as ill-prepared as this girl was.

Vag-fest or not I'd stay away from this gym. Nat Fuz entered a girl in the WKA's tournament who should not have been in the ring. Not knocking her for losing, but to let a fighter that could barely keep her balance while throwing a cross enter a tournament (possibly 3 fights in one day) is dangerous. I was really excited about the female kru opening a gym but I've never seen a fighter as ill-prepared as this girl was.

was the chick hawt?

I'm a beginner as well and i've looked into a few muay thai gyms. I enjoyed the classes but i really wanted to take sanda. I just like the idea of learning striking and throws together. The only gym i can find in nyc is NY San Da but all the reviews about David Ross doesn't seem so great. I tried taking a class at the gym myself so i can see for myself but then it turns out he wasn't even teaching that class. Can anyone tell me anything about this gym? Is the instrutor any good? I notice that this is also the question in the thread but noone is really answering that question.

I'm a beginner as well and i've looked into a few muay thai gyms. I enjoyed the classes but i really wanted to take sanda. I just like the idea of learning striking and throws together. The only gym i can find in nyc is NY San Da but all the reviews about David Ross doesn't seem so great. I tried taking a class at the gym myself so i can see for myself but then it turns out he wasn't even teaching that class. Can anyone tell me anything about this gym? Is the instrutor any good? I notice that this is also the question in the thread but noone is really answering that question.

My brother went for the free class and he was less than impressed. He said the facility was cramped and hot, and the instructions were subpar; for what it's worth, Class One in Park Slope Brooklyn has a Sanda class taught by a guy with a crazy good resume.

Back