New Yorkers NY Sanda

Prophetic~Poet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I need a new MT/Kickboxing gym....

I really like NY Sanda with David Ross...the price and schedule works for me...

I wanted to go to Sitan but its way to far...The Wat, 5 Points are too expensive.....I also heard NY Sanda students do well in fights....

Before I sign up any advice....?

Try Chok Sabai gym and Evolution Muay Thai, both in NYC. I haven't ever trained at either since I've been at 5 Points Academy for years, but from what I've heard these are good options. I wish Sitan Gym would move to a larger and more convenient location but *shrug*

If you are looking for quality Muay Thai instruction then my suggestion is New York Jiu Jitsu in Manhattan. Coban is head instructor and they offer an awesome schedule of classes. His experience and expertise is world renown and the facility is clean and spacious as well. They offer a free class to try so what do you have to lose, I believe once you train with Coban your search will be over. the website is New York Jiu Jitsu (Albany New York and NYC locations) - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, American Jiu Jitsu , Judo, Wrestling, MMA, Yoga, PTK and Strength and Endurance Training Hope this helps.

Try Chok Sabai gym and Evolution Muay Thai, both in NYC. I haven't ever trained at either since I've been at 5 Points Academy for years, but from what I've heard these are good options. I wish Sitan Gym would move to a larger and more convenient location but *shrug*

Chok Sabai Gym

I never heard of this MT gym before...looks nice...thanks man...does anybody know the Kru?

I also wish Sitan would move to a more convenient location...coming from brooklyn w/o a car its impossible for me to go to Sitan.....

Evolution is also on my list....

Chok Sabai Gym

I never heard of this MT gym before...looks nice...thanks man...does anybody know the Kru?

I also wish Sitan would move to a more convenient location...coming from brooklyn w/o a car its impossible for me to go to Sitan.....

Evolution is also on my list....

I live in Brooklyn and go to Sitan Gym...and I don't own a car. I don't even have a license.:D

If you are looking for quality Muay Thai instruction then my suggestion is New York Jiu Jitsu in Manhattan. Coban is head instructor and they offer an awesome schedule of classes. His experience and expertise is world renown and the facility is clean and spacious as well. They offer a free class to try so what do you have to lose, I believe once you train with Coban your search will be over. the website is New York Jiu Jitsu (Albany New York and NYC locations) - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, American Jiu Jitsu , Judo, Wrestling, MMA, Yoga, PTK and Strength and Endurance Training Hope this helps.

wasn't there a thread that said he was leaving NYJJ?

wasn't there a thread that said he was leaving NYJJ?

No Coban is not leaving NYJJ, they added beginners Muay Thai to the schedule and one of the MMA instructors who is currently in the WEC, Anthony Leone, is teaching those classes and Coban is teaching all of the advanced/intermediate classes. Coban is still the head Muay Thai instructor.

is this all chicks?

No Coban is not leaving NYJJ, they added beginners Muay Thai to the schedule and one of the MMA instructors who is currently in the WEC, Anthony Leone, is teaching those classes and Coban is teaching all of the advanced/intermediate classes. Coban is still the head Muay Thai instructor.

MT at NYJJ is it expensive...I mean The Wat type expensive?

I'm wondering that as well....I only see female thai boxers in that gym

The Kru is Natalie Fuz, so I guess that attracts girls who want to train with a female. I went to their opening, they have a few guys I think. And one trainer that's a dude.

i think you'll be happy with Evolution Muay Thai. Brandon is great teacher..

is this all chicks?

It's a new gym started by one of the female instructors at Five Points (Kru Natalie Fuz.) Looks like she's drawn a lot of female practitioners. Doesn't hurt to check the place out if the price is right. If it turns out to be a vaginafest, head to Evolution or even Ronin Athletics, which isn't a purely Muay Thai place but back when I went there they had a decent muay thai coach but mostly focused on BJJ.

It's a new gym started by one of the female instructors at Five Points (Kru Natalie Fuz.) Looks like she's drawn a lot of female practitioners. Doesn't hurt to check the place out if the price is right. If it turns out to be a vaginafest, head to Evolution or even Ronin Athletics, which isn't a purely Muay Thai place but back when I went there they had a decent muay thai coach but mostly focused on BJJ.

I actually saw one of her female fighters fight at Take-On's last event.

thats not that bad....

Where do you live?

You can take the 5 straight to 59th and than hop on the N/Q/R a couple of stops and you're there. Do the research maaaaaaan. :D

lol I did....I also work and go to school....astoria is not easy commute for me.....

Back