New York Weidman and Hall the only 2 to finish Anderson in UFC without injury

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
only 2 to knock him out too

only other finish losses were submission or injury (Cannonier Weidman 2)

DC, Brunson and Izzy never came close to finishing or even dropping him. DC couldnt even get past half guard for 15 minutes ROFL

And all of those came at age 37 or later, I think Silva's legend will grow with time.

People don't understand how good you have to be to hang at this advanced age. No panic wrestling, putting your best foot forward and giving your all to win.

Anderson deserved better from the UFC, and it sucks he will retire without a crowd.

And all of those came at age 37 or later, I think Silva's legend will grow with time.

People don't understand how good you have to be to hang at this advanced age. No panic wrestling, putting your best foot forward and giving your all to win.

Anderson deserved better from the UFC, and it sucks he will retire without a crowd.

Not sure about that. Chonan finished him when he was 29

With the PED issues and Izzys rise I think his legacy will get worse with years than grow IMO

With the PED issues and Izzys rise I think his legacy will get worse with years than grow IMO
PED issue is only for those who don't understand what it takes to be a professional athlete.

That was your title, what does Chonan have to do with the UFC?

and the Chonan sub is one of the most spectacular submissions in MMA history, literally no shame in that loss. Bringing up PED's when Izzy just fought Costa with Gyno lol, his records will stand for a very very very very long time.

I think as the best fighters today fall at age 34-35-36, people will look at Anderson's career a little different. That's just my opinion.

That was your title, what does Chonan have to do with the UFC?

and the Chonan sub is one of the most spectacular submissions in MMA history, literally no shame in that loss. Bringing up PED's when Izzy just fought Costa with Gyno lol, his records will stand for a very very very very long time.

I think as the best fighters today fall at age 34-35-36, people will look at Anderson's career a little different. That's just my opinion.

you mentioned his ago so i was just saying hes had worse losses at 29 which is purime age for an athlete

Just look at social media and how this newer era looks at him. Hes a legend but i dont see how his legend will grow with time.......

you mentioned his ago so i was just saying hes had worse losses at 29 which is purime age for an athlete

Just look at social media and how this newer era looks at him. Hes a legend but i dont see how his legend will grow with time.......
No matter what happens with social media, you can't erase him off the history books.

How does the new generation look at him exactly? Most of his recent opponents literally exalt him and give him the ultimate respect. I think most fans have massive respect for Silva, even if they keep it to themselves because of GOAT arguments. Even the most casual of fans can watch the Izzy v Silva fight and see Prime Anderson really was on a different level.

16-0 longest unbeaten streak in UFC history
11 title defenses, 10 if you wanna be a hater.

Just those two records alone will keep him in every GOAT UFC discussion. Then you look at more advanced stats like striking accuracy, Silva was still #1 all time in the MW division going into this fight at 45 years old.

Back