New York Post will New York Post

Yukarin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2016/12/31/ronda-rouseys-career-shouldnt-be-defined-by-this-ugly-loss/

Pissrags going above and beyond

LAS VEGAS — No one can be sure whether Ronda Rousey made her final appearance in the Octagon at UFC 207 Friday at T-Mobile Arena, where her long-awaited return after a 13-month layoff from mixed martial arts lasted just 48 seconds.

Rousey was knocked out on her feet in the first round by defending champion Amanda Nunes, and if this is her final fight, Rousey can hold her head high for what she has meant to women’s MMA.

It was troubling to hear the depth of darkness Rousey sank to following her loss to Holly Holm on Nov. 15, 2015, in Melbourne, Australia. She went in seclusion, and when she did make a public appearance, she talked of contemplating suicide and questioned her worth without owning the UFC women’s bantamweight championship. Hopefully, that won’t happen this time.

The devastation of losing her first fight was understandable. She had been put on such a lofty pedestal her dominance was compared to Mike Tyson, when he ravaged boxing’s heavyweight division. Rousey graced the covers of mainstream magazines, appeared in movies and television commercials, expertly combining her looks and rags-to-riches appeal into a marketing machine.

When it all came crashing down against Holm, Rousey admitted she didn’t know how to cope. Even at UFC 207, there still were residual scars. She limited her exposure to the media, negotiating not to attend the traditional fight-week workout and press conference.

During her weigh-in, she stepped on the scale and quickly marched off without addressing the fans with a few comments, as is the norm.

When she spoke on a brief video that appeared on FOX Sports 1 on Thursday night, it was hard to figure out if she was a fighter trying to be as focused as possible or selfish.

“I don’t care how this pay-per-view does,” she said. “I don’t care how much money I make. I don’t care about interviews, and I don’t care how I look. All I care about is winning my belt back on Friday night and that’s it.”

It’s been a stunning contrast to the way she operated previously. Rousey always had been a willing promoter of the UFC and women’s MMA. She was approachable and cooperative. Her charm and good looks made her a global star, and her viciousness inside the Octagon only added to her appeal.

That will be the lasting impression of Rousey, regardless of the brutally quick loss in UFC 207. Her fan base is loyal. During the weigh-in Thursday, she clearly was the crowd favorite, cheered by the majority of the 4,000 fans at the T-Mobile Arena. Many of those same Rousey fans booed Amanda Nunes, the reigning champion who wore a lion’s mask while stepping on the scales.

Nunes, in many ways, is a product of Rousey’s impact on MMA. The Brazilian was fighting in her second straight main event of a pay-per-view card having lifted the title from Miesha Tate at UFC 200. There was a time when White was reluctant to have women fight for the UFC. Because of Rousey, women have become a top attraction.

At UFC 208 at Barclays Center on Feb. 11, women will headline again when Holm faces Germaine de Randamie for the newly created 145-pound women’s featherweight division. The creation of the division also is linked to Rousey, as many see it as an avenue for a future bout between Rousey and Cris “Cyborg” Justino.

White knows Rousey’s contribution and value, which is why he allowed her to do a minimum of promotion leading up to the bout.

“She’s done a lot for the company,” he said. “She’s done a lot for the sport and for women in the sport, and she’s never asked for much. She asked for this, and we said yes.”

Rousey should know she always will be remembered as a pioneer and a champion.

Wonder if George Willis was a Pride fan, or perhaps even a sherbro

ESPN pretty much doing the same thing.

Funny how the media is responsible for making Ronda a star but refuse to help Amanda a better fighter who is champion become popular. Maybe Amanda should be a character too telling girls to fuck off and she'll kill them or something?

http://nypost.com/2016/12/31/ronda-rouseys-career-shouldnt-be-defined-by-this-ugly-loss/

Pissrags going above and beyond

Wonder if George Willis was a Pride fan, or perhaps even a sherbro
Confirmed Shertard. :D

I wanted to add something: if Holm stood in the octagon yesterday instead of Nunes, we would have witnessed a similar beatdown imo. This also means that Ronda's first loss was no fluke or 'bad night': she is a legit grappler but has sub-par striking defense and that's about it.

Funny how the media is responsible for making Ronda a star but refuse to help Amanda a better fighter who is champion become popular. Maybe Amanda should be a character too telling girls to fuck off and she'll kill them or something?
ESPN should be ashamed for publishing those 20 page articles that Ramona Fatty Shelburne wrote on her woman crush. That was some of the most shameless, jock sniffing drivel ever published. I remember that fatty bragging about them on the radio, urging listeners to go read it. She was so proud of that utter shit.

Last edited:
ESPN should be ashamed for publishing those 20 page articles that Ramona Fatty Shelburne wrote on her woman crush. That was some of the most shameless, jock sniffing drivel ever published

I wrote a mean tweet to her a little bit ago but then came to my senses. That fat fucking cow is horrible though.

What's your point TS? It reads well and is a pretty good article overall.....straight to the point and factual.

Can we stop blaming other people for the fact that Amanda has zero personality and charisma and is just not marketable at all?

Funny how the media is responsible for making Ronda a star but refuse to help Amanda a better fighter who is champion become popular?

Nunes is homely, therefore unpopular. She can wreak every chick in the division and will still need to sell her possessions in order to buy a happy meal. (Do they still sell those?)
Strange psychology involved with wmma, women's sports usually tank except those with the smattering of babes, tennis etc, once the uggos take over wmma it will go away.

Nunes is homely, therefore unpopular. She can wreak every chick in the division and will still need to sell her possessions in order to buy a happy meal. (Do they still sell those?)
Strange psychology involved with wmma, women's sports usually tank except those with the smattering of babes, tennis etc, once the uggos take over wmma it will go away.

Stay in school.

This is why Amanda hit the nail on the head"
"Fuck Ronda Rousey"

Can we stop blaming other people for the fact that Amanda has zero personality and charisma and is just not marketable at all?

Well ESPN decided to talk about Ronda and build her up. What great personality does Ronda have?

The girl who runs away when she loses and talks tough until she gets beat up? That's the personality you can promote but you can't promote a nice girl because she isn't super hot?

Yea ESPN or any media can do whatever the fuck they want. They can over hype anybody and pretty much create popularity for whoever they want to. They are responsible for a lot of the sports stars we have today.

If ESPN doesn't talk about someone that athlete isn't going to be mainstream popular.

Well Nunes isn't hot and can barely speak english. It's not like they're gonna market her martial arts skills wth

Well Nunes isn't hot and can barely speak english. It's not like they're gonna market her martial arts skills wth

Then why market any athlete? Why talk about MMA at all if you can't promote the best within the sport?

This is a world sport not just a sport in america but you're probably right ESPN and media in general are a joke and won't promote stars outside the country.

Confirmed Shertard. :D

I wanted to add something: if Holm stood in the octagon yesterday instead of Nunes, we would have witnessed a similar beatdown imo. This also means that Ronda's first loss was no fluke or 'bad night': she is a legit grappler but has sub-par striking defense and that's about it.

Rousey may have lost anyway, but I think she was trying to fight a strategic battle and it really didn't suit her.

She had no aggression. She pretty much just stood there and took shots.

Back