New York legal AR-15 to hit the market.

That thing is hideous.
Why not just go a regular thumbhole stock, are they still considered a pistol grip?

rsar_patrol480a.jpg

NEAwithACatStockjpg2_zps58052d7c.jpg

lol gun snobs is a new one

got me ma gun and dat all I need

Oh please... (and don't mistake me Tom, you're one of the few posters I like)... lets see em!

That thing is hideous.
Why not just go a regular thumbhole stock, are they still considered a pistol grip?

[mg]http://www.rifleshootermag.com/files/2010/09/rsar_patrol480a.jpg[/img]

[mg]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/we34gde4/NEAwithACatStockjpg2_zps58052d7c.jpg[/img]

That second one doesn't even comply. Just fits someones shitty taste.

gun5n-1-web.jpg

Good for New York.

It looks ok. I personally think this looks better than thumb hole stocks.

The gun is expected to cost $2,000 to $3,500 when it hits stores later this year.

Seriously? You can get a Colt for around $1,000.

Edit: So you can't even get an M16 clone in NY now?

A4.jpg

How does that ugly ass stock prevent children from being murdered? What safety does it bring?

How does that ugly ass stock prevent children from being murdered? What safety does it bring?

I thought it was common knowledge that the scarier a gun looks the more murdering it will do.

Its so weird to me that its easier to buy a gun in Canada than it is in some states in the US.

The ironic thing about this is it looks even "scarier" (at least to me) than your typical AR.

From their site, they seem like some kind of "tacticool" maker along the lines of Spike's Tactical.

They do have a lot of that but the regular black anodized or fde rifles at the 2100-2300 16" barrel are pretty great rifles. You are paying for a lot of high end finishes as well. All billet aluminum upper and lower, fluted barrel, etc. They are loaded rifles, stainless fluted barrel, single stage 3.5lb trigger with kns wishbone trigger pins, good furniture/accessories, etc.

So you pay for some extra finishes, little bit of cool and a bit for the name but it isn't all tacticool nonsense. Looking at their other stuff they have a good piston set up with the adams arms kit.

Absolutely fugly. NY-legal ARs have been out for a while. IIRC the one at my gun local gun shop was made by Smith & Wesson. There was a much better looking NY-legal AR15 that had the traditional stock but no grip. Aesthetically better than the thing in the OP, but functionally worse. I wouldn't buy either.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-09-at-8.12.39-AM-630x380.png

Do you see the look of despair in this poor bastards eyes? Seriously wtf is NY preventing other than beauty of an actual AR.

Looks like something a high school student cobb'd together in shop class.

Back