New York Found a Way To Charge People for Looking at the Night Sky

you just want to be mad about something dont you.

I’m not mad because I don’t have to pay it. It just sounds stupid and trivial bull shit. But they will tax the pennies on dead persons eye.

**unzips**

full

@Clippy

You just gonna let this slide?

LMAO @ looking at the night sky in NYC.That place is so light polluted youre lucky to see a dozen stars.

Was about to say this, just drive upstate and get out at a rest stop and you'd see far more. Anywhere near a big metropolis is shit and anyone who would be willing to pay $60 for a sky gazing permit knows this.

How much do they charge to smell your own farts?

Parks close at dusk, light pollution is real, insurance, and park ranger. All good reasons. The night sky is awe inspiring when you are far enough away from civilization. On the open seas over a hundred miles out, rigged for black, you can't see your hand inches from your face, but there are thousands of stars visible on a clear night I had never seen from even a small-town back yard.

Greatest country on earth. Capitalism the best. Profit good.
Even when it's the government profiting? You'd think amount of taxes people pay in NY would be enough.

These aren't privately owned parks.

lots of parks in or near cities have a closing time. I see no problem with there being an option to actually use them at night... Also part of the argument might be these plots of land are valuable, as the value goes up justifying not developing them becomes harder...

Back