New Worlds Strongest Man Crowned

heavyarms21

Ryozanpaku Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Martin "The Dragon " Licis has supplanted Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson AKA the Mountain as the World's Strongest Man for 2019.

Licis formerly from Latvia now representing the US is relatively smaller compared to Bjornsson , standing 6'3" and weighing 331lbs to Thor's 6'9" 400-420lbs. Thor was battling Plantar fasciitis, from earlier events but still battled.

Ultimately Licis had to hold off polish Strongman mateusz kieliszkowski as well. Overall this was no Fluke , Licis finished 2nd in the Arnold , where events tend to be heavier , the World's Strongest Man events favoured more of the Athletic Strongman that could move well for their sizes.

CBS or the BBC should actually show their production of this at the End of the Month.

Was tracking this on Reddit , Instagram and Facebook .

The Dragon is a cool dude and a worthy Champ.

relatively smaller compared to Bjornsson , standing 6'3" and weighing 331lbs to Thor's 6'9" 400-420lbs.

idgaf I'm claiming this as a victory for all the manlets out there

idgaf I'm claiming this as a victory for all the manlets out there
Next to Thor and Brian Shaw everyone is a Manlet. Hell second place guy Mateuez is 6'5".

Martins licis is strong as hell and a funny guy. Sucks that Thor got injured

Martins licis is strong as hell and a funny guy. Sucks that Thor got injured
Unfortunate, but he still got 3rd. Licis was just so damn fast and strong throughout. Cool that they trained together earlier in the year.

Arent the winners of these events generally men or more "normal" height? a lot of the lifting techniques seem like they make being tall a disadvantage.

Arent the winners of these events generally men or more "normal" height? a lot of the lifting techniques seem like they make being tall a disadvantage.
No these Monsters have ridiculous Mobilty for men their size.

I'm pretty sure shortest WSM winners have been 6' 1". Usually they're 6' 3"+.

Yea, but can he beat a silverback gorilla?

Yea, but can he beat a silverback gorilla?
With the right tools
EnergeticDecimalAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

Mobility doesn't seem like the issue, more that the tasks potentially become harder strength wise for a very tall man.
In this case. Brian Shaw and Thor both over 6'6 packed on muscle over long careers and have incredible form on their deadlifts and squats with their strength, you are right it's weird you would think the distance they would have to lift and the angles would pose issues but they have adjusted their stances and maximized their flexibility to get optimal results. Also helps they were athletes before they rolled into strongman, both played basketball.

Back in the day I would watch this event. This dude was awesome.upload_2019-6-16_16-38-23.jpeg

No they are always 6´2 at a minimum. The most succesful overall strong man of all strongman competitions is, zydrunas savickas who is 6´3

I'm pretty sure shortest WSM winners have been 6' 1". Usually they're 6' 3"+.
Close the shortest guy I found was Gary Taylor in 1993 at 6 foot . Jouko Ahola and Mariusz Pudzianowski were both 6'1". Jouko won 2 and Pudz has the record with 5.

No they are always 6´2 at a minimum. The most succesful overall strong man of all strongman competitions is, zydrunas savickas who is 6´3

Yeah to me Big Z is the GOAT he won the Arnold 8 times including 6 in a row from 2003 -2008 and also 4 WSM with some razo thin losses to Shaw and Phil Phister among others.

He has lost a lot of weight and is more of a part time guy now , but he looks happy and healthy.

Yeah to me Big Z is the GOAT he won the Arnold 8 times including 6 in a row from 2003 -2008 and also 4 WSM with some razo thin losses to Shaw and Phil Phister among others.

He has lost a lot of weight and is more of a part time guy now , but he looks happy and healthy.

Back