New Work Out Schedule. Good? or Bad? (noob)

What do you guys think about supplements? I want to get some sort of per work out drink or pills. Do you think those are a waste of time or work well?

They work well but the pre-mixed, heavily-marketed ones are a waste of money.

Head on over to the D&S forum and read the FAQ and info in there. Basically the recommendation would be to take some caffeine and b-vitamins pre-workout for extra energy. Those who want a bit more can take some aspirin and track down some ephedra (hard to get). This is what's commonly referred to as an ECA stack. Not only is this just as effective as pre-mixed supps, but it's cheap as dirt (and you will know exactly what you're taking and in what amounts).

They work well but the pre-mixed, heavily-marketed ones are a waste of money.

Head on over to the D&S forum and read the FAQ and info in there. Basically the recommendation would be to take some caffeine and b-vitamins pre-workout for extra energy. Those who want a bit more can take some aspirin and track down some ephedra (hard to get). This is what's commonly referred to as an ECA stack. Not only is this just as effective as pre-mixed supps, but it's cheap as dirt (and you will know exactly what you're taking and in what amounts).

Hmmmmm. very interesting I will look into that.

bananas have loads of potassium, which is good for your muscles somehow. no?

also, is one mile of running really enough to induce catabolism? one mile really isnt too significant.

bananas have loads of potassium, which is good for your muscles somehow. no?

also, is one mile of running really enough to induce catabolism? one mile really isnt too significant.

I guess it could, but waiting to fully recover from the lifting, then doing a longer/more intense session would be better.

Back