New WOLFMAN Movie in the Works with Ryan Gosling

The creature from the Black Lagoon can't get no love.

We had 2 (bad) Frankenstein Films this decade, seemingly a new Dracula Film every year, a bunch of Mummy Films, now 2 Wolfman's in this Decade

The Shape of Water is essentially Guillermo Del Toro's Creature from the Black Lagoon

Noting is ever going to beat Oldman's Dracula renouncing God and the chapel filling with blood.

Absolutely the best cinematic origin for Dracula.

Lugosi and Oldman are the iconic Draculas are far as I'm concerned. Will be very difficult for another actor to leave their mark on the character to that extent.

The creature from the Black Lagoon can't get no love.

We had 2 (bad) Frankenstein Films this decade, seemingly a new Dracula Film every year, a bunch of Mummy Films, now 2 Wolfman's in this Decade

I'll piggyback on this and mention The Man who Laughs, arguably the best movie of the Universal Monster lot. Wonder why Universal keeps going back to the same 2-3 monster properties instead of exploring some of their more intriguing options. I remember they had Russel Crowe setup and Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde in The Mummy... thought he had potential in that role. Seems like that's off the table now. Great character nonetheless with the right actor and script attached.

Lugosi and Oldman are the iconic Draculas are far as I'm concerned. Will be very difficult for another actor to leave their mark on the character to that extent.
AB1-ABD2-C-9-F86-417-F-B547-8-F3333-F39406.jpg

Tim Burton says once you've played Dracula you're always Dracula. He meant Christopher Lee, and Burton will subtly hint at the Dracula connection whenever Lee makes an appearance.
06-A75-CDB-3-C9-B-4-DF0-B3-D0-89-ABC34-D21-B5.jpg

Do we know if it will be another Blumhouse production or will it be more big budget?

This will make.or break my interest. I was pleasantly surprised by Invisible Man and I'm convinced Blumhouse is the reason for the quality of the story and general take on the character.

I hope they truly learned not to focus on a shared universe and instead just making a great movie. Seriously if it’s good and they keep making other good monster movies the universe will work itself out. I really hope this version of the wolfman is great though since the best werewolf movie we’ve gotten is still An American Werewolf in London, and that was ages ago.

Agreed. Best WW movie to this day. Honestly if they keep it somewhat grounded in modern day then they could potentially be in the same universe, but I prefer them all to be independent of each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back