New; what should I expect?

For the guy who said he doesn't care if a girl has a nice ass, I won't lie I'm a pervert and put myself into positions where I can touch it.

Lmao, you pervert.

Lmao, you pervert.

Hey man, ass is ass and I'm a connoisseur of it.

I'm a gentleman though, so it's not ALL bad. My every intention is to make sure the girl has a good time. I flirt with some of them while we roll but most of it is on the side. I obviously tell them what to do and how to do it if they are confused.

It's not your job to tell me what my job is. Sorry, maybe this will be better. Hey I hope you enjoy your jiu jitsu class! Maybe you'll meet some new friends and win a medal! Yay!!!

It's not your job to tell me that my job is not telling you your job.

Wait...did I say that right?

Anyway, you don't have to be a kiss ass either. I just don't think anyone should turn people away, in any fashion, from the art.

Let them discover it themselves and either enjoy it or hate it, for better or worse.

It's not your job to tell me that my job is not telling you your job.

Wait...did I say that right?

Anyway, you don't have to be a kiss ass either. I just don't think anyone should turn people away, in any fashion, from the art.

Let them discover it themselves and either enjoy it or hate it, for better or worse.

Let them discover it themselves? Then what was the point of this thread? She asked what to expect, so I informed her of some less sugarcoated things that she might expect. If she wanted to hear all good things she might as well ask the owner of the school who wants her money.

Yes I did. It was awesome, got a couple bruises but it was still awesome. I didn't get to roll the first day but we went over some drills and moves. Everyone was friendly and I'm going to my 3rd class later today.

cool, good for you. expect more bruises though.

i've been rolling for about the last month and worst i've gotten is a cut/fat lip and some bruises. nothing too major.

Yeah I mean I've only gone to 3 classes yet but I didn't get any bruises that I can't deal with.

Yeah I mean I've only gone to 3 classes yet but I didn't get any bruises that I can't deal with.

yeah shouldn't be bad unless you need to show alot of skin for a shoot. I dread cauliflower ears though, like the black plague in medieval europe.

first I should ask you, why are you doing this? what are your goals you hope to achieve? if you are just wanting to get in shape you should do something else. granted BJJ or MMA training would get you in shape, but unless grappling or fight training are something you are truly interest in excelling in you'd be better and safer doing something else. a 17 yr old girl with no athletic background deciding to just jump in to a very rough sport is commendable but perhaps a little foolhardy. I received two injured elbows, ringworm, staph, chipped bottom tooth, and injured knee all in about 3.5 years of training BJJ. All injuries but one of my elbows is healed now but that just gives you an idea of the reality of grappling. I hope you like bathing in other people's sweat b/c that's something that is going to happen along with whatever skin conditions, bacteria. or viruses that may include. I love BJJ but I can't imagine why a girl would want to do it.

Not sure why people are ripping this post, unless you disagree that bjj isn't the best way to get in shape for girls.

He asks why she is training and gives his opinion on doing bjj for getting into shape. I don't think he said that girls shouldn't like grappling.

I started out kickboxing for a year. I never felt better. I reduced body fat, skin wasn't all scratched up, gained quickness and speed, and my cardio got pretty good. I switched to bjj and have a new injury (sometimes minor sometimes more) every few months.

I stick with it because I love the sport but If I was just trying to get in shape, I would go back to kickboxing and lifting weights.

Back