New video of Conor sparring for boxing

BeerCityBandit

Founding member of the Beer City Fight Club
@Blue
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usat...rring/amp#scso=uid_WFKWPgAEDsoKVKnEEwq83Q_0:0

Whoever wrote the article might have been a tad critical. We don't know how many rounds he sparred before this, and Conor doesn't strike me as the type to spar at full intensity. I heard Ali used to look bad in sparring too because he'd hang back and focus mainly on defense and let his opponent hit him a lot. Not saying that this is the same situation necessarily, but worth bringing up.

Thoughts? Based on this would he get smashed?

He won't beat floyd or manny, but he would easily be top 5.

He'd get tooled by Mayweather. That's not based on sparring footage, that's just based on facts.
It wouldn't be close.

Although boxing nowadys sucks IMHO, you still get paid way more than a mma fighter...so why isn't conor a fulltime boxer? He would earn bigger pay checks.

I like Conor.
I think he's a great MMA fighter.
But thinking he can hang with Floyd in a pure boxing match, is delusional. He can ko him with one shot, yes, because its still a one on one fight and anything can happen, but its way more likely Floyd is just to good for him.

But i don't get it why so many guys here have tears of joy in their eyes because Floyd can tool Conor....wow....that's like mocking Conor (who played soccer) he cannot hang with Ronaldo.

Is it because Conor "says" he can beat Floyd? Hell...for the right price Conor will claim he beats a Gorilla in a banana eating contest.

In a real fight Conor wins, therefore

915.gif

he is a low class amateur boxer at best, there is a reason he didnt get into boxing where the money is and thats because he wasnt good enough.

I've always said I'd fight Mike Tyson in his prime if the paycheck was right. I'd actually prefer that to Mayweather who would humiliate me first for a few rounds before my chin gave out. Tyson I would just wake up rich and forget what happened.

He loses to any top 100 boxer in his division, simple.

That's not even his fault, that's the way it's supposed to be.

Ain't no Austrian Rules Footballer going to win the Ballon d'Or in actual Football (Soccer).

Having watched the video without reading the article.

His stance is still far too wide to work in a boxing match. A guy like Floyd would see that and attack his body so much. Needs to close it up and work on his footwork to open up holes. Not saying he couldn't improve, but that's exactly what I expected to see Conor look like boxing.

Think you'd have to favour Arturo Gatti's corpse over Conor based on that showing.

Having watched the video without reading the article.

His stance is still far too wide to work in a boxing match. A guy like Floyd would see that and attack his body so much. Needs to close it up and work on his footwork to open up holes. Not saying he couldn't improve, but that's exactly what I expected to see Conor look like boxing.

All of that plus he still keeps his chin up. He may just be too unorthodox for his own good.

Also, it's worth pointing out that the guy he was sparring was his approximate size. Floyd is smaller, so some of the punches he got clipped with may not have reached his face if it was Floyd. And Floyd doesn't fight as aggressively as whoever he's sparring here.

Conor did alright, but you could tell who was controlling that ring and it wasn't Conor. If you watch Mayweather sparring on YouTube, you'll see that their manners of sparring have similarities. They both tend to sit back and put out offense in short spurts, 1-2s and counters off right cross, and in the videos the opponent is relentless and usually large and if you didn't know what you were watching you'd think Mayweather was losing.

Hey do you guys wanna talk about McGregor Mayweather some more?

Back